1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

1. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

Order finally arrived today. All dog shit pretty much. Like @jet said about the crewnecks the fit is all weird including huge arms and a tight hem. The color is okay, but I bought two different sizes and the fit still ruined it. The button downs are a super slick cotton, not great to touch, and run a little slimmer than the measurements indicated. Better than the crewneck sweats but not worth keeping.

2. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

Are you guys referring to the mesh long sleeve sweater when you say the fit is atrocious?

EDBDA6E1-036B-45AB-9EE8-0A42429BC165.png

3. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

4. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

Ah I see. I have the mesh one, arms are very long, and the torso is a bit short - but I quite like the colors I picked up (yellow & green) so I’ll probably end up keeping them..

5. cafedandy

cafedandy Senior Member

A new JW Anderson collab coming up on March:
    https://www.uniqlo.com/jwanderson19ss/us/en

(Not really interested in this one, personally, but could be nice for JWA fans. Not counting much on the quality of these either, the past two JWA seasons for me were just sad in terms of quality of materials and execution. But let's see.)

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

I picked up the odd bit last summer. Shirts weren't great, T-shirt fine, loose trousers pretty good.

7. jayvee

jayvee Senior Member

Uniqlo has really gone down hill, tops seem to be cut for fat huge necked dad bods and the trousers, why not make different size lengths? Who else does that ? I don’t want to take a gamble on how they will fit once they’re hemmed.

It’s really crap, I’ve got better stuff in Primark.

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

I've got the Uniqlo/JWAnderson work pants from two seasons (i think) ago. I quite like them. Fatigues style in Chino.
    Uniqlo JW Anderson Work trousers.jpg

9. cafedandy

cafedandy Senior Member

In fairness to the trousers, a lot of friends I know really liked how comfy those are.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

The uniqlo u plain ts aint that bad though? They have that long fiber twill that 90s shirts have and I do like the larger cut for a slight relaxed comfortable look.

11. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Distinguished Member

Did the Milano crew neck knit tees
    come in colors other than off white and yellow this year?

12. malcb33

malcb33 Senior Member

It came in rust type color, black, navy and white this year I thought.

13. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Distinguished Member

Gotcha, thanks. I'm late to the party so only the off-white and yellow are in stock.

14. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

15. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I have a pair of those from last year. Fit is on the slim side, the fabric is tough. I wear them hiking, not for anything else, but I suppose you could wear them casually. I don't really wear tech synthetic fabrics for anything but exercise.