1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

1. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

My order is also taking forever to get processed, ship, arrive, etc.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

I love @jet love / hate with Uniqlo. I feel the sames. What's the competitor you keep saying though? Nothing else sorta like Uniqlo... maybe some direct to consumer places.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019

3. bencap

bencap Well-Known Member

Anyone buy the U milano ribbed jacket (or try it on)? I'm ordering a couple heatteach things on sale and stocking back up on supima cotton tees, wondering if it's worth it to add that jacket to my order. I'm specifically wondering about the quality of the material, I could see it looking frumpy after a couple of wears, because it's a fairly structured looking jacket but without the kind of fabric to help it hold its shape. Anyways, any comments on fit/quality would be appreciated!

4. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

The new UU 'work' jeans in Indigo are interesting. High waisted, wide, and good looking denim. I red somewhere they were made in collab with Kaihara, but it only says 'made in China' on the tag. I wonder if the denim is Japan made ?
    Downside, they are short - and i'm very tall and not fan of the Jerry Lewis look. Bigger size 34 but sizes more like a 35 IMO.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Got my package saturday after all, a day after it was supposed to be delivered because fedex guy decided to call it a day at beer o'clock.

The u sweatshirts felt cold and scratchy which is something i don't recall from last year's sweatshirts. I will have to find them to compare but even more alarming was the fit. Holy shit the fit is atrocious, nothing like the older sweatshirt and nothing lemairish about it the thing straight up fit like an 80s sweatshirt in the worst way. The shit back then is what actually got me into nice clothes and this took me right back to those times. I'm normally a large and this is a box with baggy sleeves even for these swole ass arms. If anyone is considering these I highly discourage it and if you insist at least size down one.

6. cafedandy

cafedandy Senior Member

They only get the denim fabric from Kaihara and assemble in their factories in China.

7. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

Are You sure of that?
    That would be nice.
    But no mention of Kaihara on the trousers or the tags apparently.

8. Coldsnap

I've seen some cheap ass Kaihara denim.

9. cafedandy

cafedandy Senior Member

They used to mention it on the U product description pages and tags. They do mention it on some of the mainline Uniqlo jeans pages and pairs themselves. But yeah, as Coldsnap said, there are some cheap ass Kaihara denim, so it's just a matter of getting the better made pairs in store.

Some of the denim fabric they also source from Cone Mills (China), notably the mainline denim jackets.

10. Coldsnap

Do the Uniqlo U japan stuff have a different cut? Seems crazy to have Lemaire make two designs. Going to Japan in a bit and was gonna peep some stuff in person.

11. cafedandy

cafedandy Senior Member

Based on past experience, there might be some slight difference in cut for some items since it's Asian sizing. US/Europe/Australia items seem to have longer sleeves for shirts/jackets, for example. I have a Uniqlo and Lemaire SS16 cotton jacket which is M in the Philippines, and another one I bought from the US in S. The latter fit the same as the former, except that it had longer sleeves by an inch. Sometimes just taking a size up from the indicated label will do, i.e., if you're M in the US, take an L when you buy in Asia. This applies not only for U, but for the mainline items as well.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

my unobtanium ultra light down jacket should be here friday, also ordered some white ultra warm ht

was going to cop in gray to do an all gray tonal jogging suit from the 80s sort of look but of course they were out of that in large

13. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior Member

Hey y’all. Cleaned out some stuff and found a few pairs of the wide fit chinos they did a year ago I believe. Size 31and 32 in black. 32 in khaki. I’ll sell them for tut sale price I bought them for if anyone’s interested.

14. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Senior Member

Do the black selvedge jeans still fade like crazy around the knee area?

15. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

Bought some Soft Touch V-Necks great for lounging around.