1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

Maybe they banned me because I trashed their Uniqlo U line. :crackup:

I'll give it another go tomorrow afternoon.

dotcomzzz
    It's funny you mention the sweatpants because I see they selling the new sweatpant shorts and judging by a review, it seems they changed the quality of the fabric. Coarser material.

Good thing I grabbed a bunch of them last year at $5.90 each. I have a pair I wear almost everyday at home and wash a dozen times and still looks great. Love them shorts.

2. freewaveli

freewaveli Member

Copped the orange Uniqlo U crew neck sweater. Wasn't there a green version of this?

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

yep these idiots still havent shipped my order

4. fatsu

fatsu Member

Anyone here able to proxy from Australia to USA (no I didn't get this backwards) when the UU F/W 18 drops? PM me if so

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

My order came in today, one day late.

Picked up the jeans and knit top. First impressions, ‘oh my everything fits so well OTR.’

I like the jeans, great filler. Picked up white, black, and “68 Blue”. Nice straight fit with a small taper at the foot (size 32 leg opening is about 8”). They don’t look that wide from the front, actually this is about perfect taper IMo since I wear my trousers with this shape as well. For me this is perfect because I was hoping to wear it more in a trad style (think Drake’s) and this will also look great with Lemaire staple pieces (i.e. oversized tops and long coats with a tall, slim shaft side zip boot. I have a pair of Lemaire side zips that is a fair bit clunkier (lined in fur with a thick, tan contrast sole). The chunkier boot I believe will look even more at home with the straight fit jeans.

Absolutely no alterations needed, waist fits well (plus, I just had a big meal so I suppose it will be more forgiving the next time I put them on). There is no extra material to let out the waist anyways. Inseam is also great, it has just the slightest of break or I can do a quarter cuff but I do not think it will be necessary.

FWIW size 32 measures about 17” across the waist, inseam is about 28.25”, good rise at the front (so the inseam is actually a little longer given higher front rise). I think inseam is a smudge over 30”. I usually take a 16.5” to 16.75” across the waist so it will also be interesting with some wear where these jeans will end up sitting (I’ve also gained some weight).

Knit is cool, picked up green and looks nicer in person. Uniqlo had something similar a few seasons ago but not with mixed color yarns. I also ordered a size large previously and because of that wear it at home mostly because the open weave naturally stretches a lot and the sweater becomes really oversized. Don’t get me wrong, it looks nice too in that oversized top sort of way. Went with a medium top this time and look nice too. Body is not that short, goes with the trad pattern with a shorter body in a way. It should stretch too. Not sure if I’d pick up the other two colors, green is already really nice mixed with the black.

Jeans and knit both 100% cotton.

Not sure if I’m going to get anything else, I needed jeans and wanted a fuller cut, check. The sweater was more of a replacement of the old one. Also picked up some socks on the side.

Might be interested in the other pants given how well the jeans fit.

9F32D224-C48C-4C79-B6DF-C2636AEA1491.jpeg

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

@gettoasty Edit: Nvm just jumped the gun and had a size 31 proxied to me to NZ. Hoping they have like a 13"+ thigh. 17" waist of a size 32 would be a tad too big in the waist for me.

I think you got it backwards.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

@Coldsnap waist definitely feels larger a day after. A cold wash and light dry may help, or wear a belt to keep pants at ideal seat position. Either way these are nice fit IMO. Good for those looking for a straighter fit, 19cm to 20cm depending how you sized.

8. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

I grabbed the knit in yellow and I love it. Quality is great. I'm a medium and took it TTS and I think it does a fit a little bit slouchy, and will surely stretch a bit, given the material and heavy weight. I do feel like it's a touch short in the body though.

Contemplating buying either the navy or the green too...

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

So these are thin and crinkly? Shame because they look comfy af.

Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 3.08.26 AM.png

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Uniqlo online is garbage. Ordered the U sweatshirts on the 6th, didn't ship until the 9th, supposed to be delivered today and just updated to monday LOL!!!

Went to cerritos real quick to cop an ultra light down and saw thousands of them in the store. Except the color and size I wanted. Half dead kid wearing shitty overpriced off-white airmaxes working there looked like he hated his life while I had him check stock. The reversible jacket these numbnuts call a parka in pale gray looked decent so I copped that real quick and bounced. Also called south coast and they didn't have my color/size either while bev center had low stock.

Decided to get one of their shitty vests online just now to use as a beater so I don't fuck up my nice one and they're out of my size in the color I wanted of course. Going to give my money to their competitor instead.

12. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member

Don't they know who you are.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

That's what I'm saying homeboy.

14. motosacto

motosacto Well-Known Member

For free shipping on a $20 OCBD, I didn’t expect the moon. Shirt made it to me so I’m happy. YMMV...

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

You're one of those huh?