1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

What Uniqlo U seems to get right consistently is the liberal use of color! Great stuff.

Going to get my Joaquin Phoenix on this summer.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

I agree, always solid colors and adding a colorful cross body bag for the KO.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Some good beater shit in there, probably going to drop a few hundred if its decent stuff in person.

5. Green B

Green B Member

I recently got a Merino roll neck. The fit is slimmer than the crew neck.

6. city74

city74 Senior Member

My first Uniqlo item. Yea they are just socks but honestly I’m impressed

EC78943B-72EE-4672-B5EC-CCA6180172CE.jpeg

7. mrballs

mrballs Well-Known Member

welcome to the club! best brand on the price/quality spectrum.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Really looking forward to spring lemaire, if shit is proper in person I'll be looking at minimum 6 pieces.

9. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior Member

Yeah, their socks aren't too bad for the price. One pair took over two years of regular wear to develop a hole above the heel, which is better than a lot of other mall brands from my experience.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018

10. Patient

Patient Member

The fatigue jacket from the new season looks pretty nice. Might think about getting that beige one.

11. NYLON

NYLON Senior Member

He has gotten the right balance to gel the best of Qlo with certain aspects of his own named brand. (I mean look at the color blocking.)

Now if only they retain some of the different cuts/fits from his first season 'Lemaire Uniqlo'...

Nevertheless seems like there are at least several repeat buys for SS19 next year (judging from the look book).

12. cafedandy

cafedandy Senior Member

Truly agree. Many pieces are indeed repeats every season and of which I already have, but certain details, fits and colors change per season on those same items that make me buy them again - one example would be the wide-fit tapered jeans which I have so many pairs of! He keeps refining these which I appreciate, rather than just putting out everything outré every time (although that helps, too).

A lot I've read (like on reddit and some forums) expect collaboration pieces to be loud or hype-y, which is ok, but in Uniqlo U's case, I think it's Uniqlo's and Lemaire's philosophy to have these understated pieces that each individual can creatively mix and match to create so many realistic everyday looks that result with pieces that endure for years. You can wear older season items with the current seasons and not look off. Styling is key and it always helps to not just look at each piece individually, but also how it works with one's existing wardrobe.

I also wish they bring back those SS16 Uniqlo and Lemaire canvas slip-ons, probably one of the best pairs they've produced. (They tried a similar style during SS17 but it wasn't as good as SS16).

On miscellaneous note, here below is how the SS19 tag looks like. Saw this from the @uniqlo_bicqlo IG account, I think the long sleeve pocket tee is now on advanced release in Japan.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 8.04.05 PM.png

13. alantrickman

alantrickman Well-Known Member

Uniqlo is my go-to for socks, but their other clothing is very hit or miss.

Their online policy is kind of shit, though. I bought some stuff on sale+free ship+a discount code...They sent me the wrong item and when I called them about it they said they wouldn't exchange it. They said I had to return that one, then place a new order for the right item. Item is now back to full price+I'd have to pay shipping.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Nobody processes exchanges via web orders guy. Probably in place for people like you, take your ass to a store and exchange it and if you're not close to one then you're assed out.

Oh and welcome aboard.

15. mythage

mythage Distinguished Member

Those new SS long sleeve Tees look dope with great colours
    Digging the ribbed sleeves too