• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What Uniqlo U seems to get right consistently is the liberal use of color! Great stuff.

Going to get my Joaquin Phoenix on this summer.

I agree, always solid colors and adding a colorful cross body bag for the KO.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Some good beater **** in there, probably going to drop a few hundred if its decent stuff in person.

Green B

Reaction score
I recently got a Merino roll neck. The fit is slimmer than the crew neck.

city74

Reaction score
My first Uniqlo item. Yea they are just socks but honestly I’m impressed

EC78943B-72EE-4672-B5EC-CCA6180172CE.jpeg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Really looking forward to spring lemaire, if **** is proper in person I'll be looking at minimum 6 pieces.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Uniqlo item. Yea they are just socks but honestly I’m impressed

View attachment 1090602

Yeah, their socks aren't too bad for the price. One pair took over two years of regular wear to develop a hole above the heel, which is better than a lot of other mall brands from my experience.

Last edited:

Patient

Reaction score
The fatigue jacket from the new season looks pretty nice. Might think about getting that beige one.

NYLON

Reaction score
He has gotten the right balance to gel the best of Qlo with certain aspects of his own named brand. (I mean look at the color blocking.)

Now if only they retain some of the different cuts/fits from his first season 'Lemaire Uniqlo'...

Nevertheless seems like there are at least several repeat buys for SS19 next year (judging from the look book).

cafedandy

Reaction score
He has gotten the right balance to gel the best of Qlo with certain aspects of his own named brand. (I mean look at the color blocking.)

Now if only they retain some of the different cuts/fits from his first season 'Lemaire Uniqlo'...

Nevertheless seems like there are at least several repeat buys for SS19 next year (judging from the look book).
Truly agree. Many pieces are indeed repeats every season and of which I already have, but certain details, fits and colors change per season on those same items that make me buy them again - one example would be the wide-fit tapered jeans which I have so many pairs of! He keeps refining these which I appreciate, rather than just putting out everything outré every time (although that helps, too).

A lot I've read (like on reddit and some forums) expect collaboration pieces to be loud or hype-y, which is ok, but in Uniqlo U's case, I think it's Uniqlo's and Lemaire's philosophy to have these understated pieces that each individual can creatively mix and match to create so many realistic everyday looks that result with pieces that endure for years. You can wear older season items with the current seasons and not look off. Styling is key and it always helps to not just look at each piece individually, but also how it works with one's existing wardrobe.

I also wish they bring back those SS16 Uniqlo and Lemaire canvas slip-ons, probably one of the best pairs they've produced. (They tried a similar style during SS17 but it wasn't as good as SS16).

On miscellaneous note, here below is how the SS19 tag looks like. Saw this from the @uniqlo_bicqlo IG account, I think the long sleeve pocket tee is now on advanced release in Japan.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 8.04.05 PM.png

Reactions: jet

alantrickman

Reaction score
Uniqlo is my go-to for socks, but their other clothing is very hit or miss.

Their online policy is kind of ****, though. I bought some stuff on sale+free ship+a discount code...They sent me the wrong item and when I called them about it they said they wouldn't exchange it. They said I had to return that one, then place a new order for the right item. Item is now back to full price+I'd have to pay shipping.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nobody processes exchanges via web orders guy. Probably in place for people like you, take your ass to a store and exchange it and if you're not close to one then you're assed out.

Oh and welcome aboard.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those new SS long sleeve Tees look dope with great colours
Digging the ribbed sleeves too

Reactions: jet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads