1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Senior member

I tried that coat on multiple times because they were sold out of the black +J peacoat in NYC. The thinness of the wool was one of the main reasons I decided against it. The athletic fix compared of the +J definitely flattered me more, but with the markdowns bringing down the prices down to equal I had to go with the greater quality coat.

2. yukihiro

yukihiro Member

Just wondering if any of you have experience with Asian vs US/UK sizing..

I bought a couple XS dress shirts from the NYC SoHo store in March 2010, which fit fairly well (neck/sleeve length/shirt length/shoulders/a bit too wide around the stomach though). My girlfriend bought me a "slim" dress shirt at the Hong Kong store in a Small in December 2010 and it was way too tight, a tad too short, shoulders too small, cuffs too tight, and neck was too small.

Do you think the sizing difference is more like 2 sizes rather than 1 since I think an Asian medium probably would have fit well? I guess it might depend on different pieces of clothing too... I have Small no-collar shirts/tshirts from the SoHo store that fit well.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

the difference was that one was slim wile the other was regular cut, IMO.

if you tried on the same shirt in XS then in S in HK, it would be similar. Slim fit does make a difference for some stores

4. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

Small. I wear button down shirts underneath sweaters, I need extra room for layering.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i c i c.

i picked up 3 small lambswool vneck/crew in small. weird that we are same size, or i am just sizing wrong.

my experience (from jcrew size medium) was that medium wool sweaters fit too big. crossing fingers for some stretch

i planned on wearing without shirts underneath for the most part though. :satisfied:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  6. jet

jet Senior member

Copped wine and pine cardis, chunky cardi and heattechs shouts out to mah boy for hookin it up.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

oh my word, i just got my chest measured and its under 37"

yeah i think a small will fit me. ffs

8. ennui

ennui Senior member

I just received my +J black suit today through Suddenlee. The fit is spot-on out of the box; only the usual pant hem is needed. Got it on the first day of the +J sale; the total with proxy fee, tax, and shipping was still only around $210+.

Suddenlee was convenient, responsive, and slightly less than the usual 10% that other proxies charge. Items shipped the next day for $4.50 cross-country, and they take returns. Completely no-fuss transaction; I will definitely use them again when I need a NYC proxy. Thanks to whoever recommended them.

1 person likes this.
  9. yukihiro

yukihiro Member

It's just weird that parts like the neck, cuffs, and shoulders are all smaller for "slim" fit. It's more like slim and small fit... lol

My girlfriend probably thought I would fit into the slim fit since I'm a pretty slim guy. Maybe Asians in Asia are super skinny.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

can you order fro Sudden Lee with those promotion applied? I want the heattechs and vnecks really bad..

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

YES! Yes you can.

Just put in an order and ask for the promo/they will automatically price adjust.

why wouldn't they??

12. 89andy

89andy Senior member

I wish I found out about sudden lee before, fuck. Seems like their shipping/proxy is so affordable.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Yes I support Suddenlee 110% for domestic proxies.

If you need international (from US to outside), I can probably refer you to someone.

jet has his personal shopper in NY

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  14. ennui

ennui Senior member

I didn't know that the +J stuff was on sale. I just got lucky. Suddenlee didn't even have to tell me that there were on sale, but they did and charged me the lower price (which also meant less fees that they could collect). Also, I was able to communicate via e-mail with someone in the main office, who was in direct contact with someone at the store, so I was able to get updates almost real-time, which I'm pretty sure most proxies won't do. They also shipped out the next business day for cheaper than any proxy I've seen, the packaging was good, and they even threw in a Uniqlo catalog haha.

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Yeah pretty much, an item I wanted was sold out so they substituted for me via real-time e-mail.

16. 89andy

89andy Senior member

Just wondering do they charge your credit card right away, or only once they confirm the item is available? Since I'm in Canada and get packages shipped to the states, my credit card is in cdn $ obviously, and if they charge me and refund me if item is not available i lose out on exchange rates from visa.

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Once confirmed, they will charge.

Not anytime before.

18. stick

stick Senior member

They put a hold on your credit card for the estimated amount, and then follow through with a charge for the actual amount.

Like I said before, their service is ridiculous. Hope they're around for a while. I picked up some flannels in an order a while ago, one of the ones I wanted was sold out, so they linked me to others on the site that were still available, as well as taking pictures of other flannels that weren't on the site so I could choose. They also purchased all my items separately (about 10 things), so there was no sales tax, and they saved me a nice amount of money on that as well.

19. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

fyi, all new york stores are out of size 29 waist pants, and XS (except for one or two ugly styles) suit jackets.