• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the hemming process for jeans at UNIQLO? I have a pair of jeans I bought from there a while back I might like to shorten.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know of the hemming process for jeans at UNIQLO? I have a pair of jeans I bought from there a while back I might like to shorten.
In Japan it's included if you bought at retail, not sure about elsewhere.

taja

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me how the +j peacoat fits?

I can't figure out whether I'm a S or XS, and a bit worried by the claims that their sizing is a bit messed up. I'm about 5'7, 60kg/132lb. I wear wear 34"-36" in a suit.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i believe if u bought it in NYC store and still have the receipt they'll be happy to shorten it for u. just ask any SA for details.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me how the +j peacoat fits?

I can't figure out whether I'm a S or XS, and a bit worried by the claims that their sizing is a bit messed up. I'm about 5'7, 60kg/132lb. I wear wear 34"-36" in a suit.
well its hard to tell with no pics of you and you dont even know if your a 34 or a 36 chest/suit. pick one and someone can help you from there

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if anyone need a uniqlo proxy, feel free to pm me. i only charge retail, shipping and donation. i will ship fast.
honestly, don't proxy through this guy. Did not have a good experience with him. pm me for details. I would recommend Suddenlee over anything else.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone able to proxy me these two:

MEN Premium Wool Flat Front Trousers size 31x34 06GRAY

MEN (+J)Wool Flannel Straight Trousers 31x34 08GRAY

or anyone use Suddenlee with success? Seems like they are only charging the item price + their service fee, but what about international shipping etc?

Last edited:

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey, has anyone handled the "Japanese Engineered" denim at 9.90$? Also, can anyone tell me what colors do they have?? Thanks!

The $9.90 denim will be released this upcoming Friday at the 5th Ave. opening.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the +J cropped pea coat from last fall was on ebay a few weeks ago. Feel so bad I couldn't bid since I really want that one, went for 150 too....

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Button Stance: I'm seeing a lot of talk about this. Jil and Jil designed by Raf has always had a mid to high button stance. Whether you think this is good or bad you should determine by taste. The mid/high stance* is usually an older aesthetic - APC suiting still uses it and if you pay attention, APC besides denim is basically 70's wear made slimmer. It's not, by default, a bad look. If you look around a lot of modern suiting has a deep as your waist stance which is just as bad. As an FYI, the three button suit is considered "older" and out of fashion compared to the two button these days, and the four to five button should never be considered.

*If you want to get all MC about it, stance should be called gorge (the depth of the V cause by the button stance).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads