Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

I have the blue in large and sort of wish I’d gone with medium. Pm if you wanna trade.

2. mr.invincible

mr.invincible Senior member

Looking to buy a topcoat.

Uniqlo chesterfield coat vs jcrew topcoat? Is jcrew thicker or are they equivalent? Is uniqlos chesterfield worth $129?

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I haven't seen the Jcrew one, and only have last season's Uniqlo one, but unless they've radically changed it, the Uniqlo one will be very light weight. For me that's generally more useful than a heavy weight coat over a suit, but we tend to have more milder winter days than really cold ones...

4. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Well-Known Member

I purchased the Chesterfield coat a few weeks ago and I returned it because it was very very lightweight. If you live in the East like me and wear Business Pro frequently, then it's not going to cut it.

5. leeba

leeba Senior member

I'm not a fan of the flannels in person so returning both, but will gladly sell directly if anybody missed out

6. 1up

1up Senior member

Chesterfield is lightweight for sure, but it is working well overtop suits for me.

7. mr.invincible

mr.invincible Senior member

Yea, im in NYC too. It's a decent price point for what it is..but i don't know if i should save up a little more to get something more substantial. Is there another brand out that is higher than uniqlo but cheaper than Jcrew? or should i wait for a jcrew sale?

8. tennessee

tennessee Active Member

The quality is probably equal to or lesser than Uniqlo, but I tried this on in-store and it's not bad for the price (though it is also quite lightweight). https://www.target.com/p/men-s-wool...dph2|recently_viewed_r2|adaptpdph2|52203384|1

9. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I'd probably go Club Monaco before J. Crew, but I favor them more. Price point is likely going to be the same or higher though.

10. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Club Monaco at least goes on sale fairly often.

H&M has a double breasted coat that is fairly substantial. I tried it on, and felt like it would be pretty warm. Definitely heavier than Uniqlos, and the same price point.

[​IMG]

11. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Well-Known Member

I did some research online and it seems like J.Crew/Banana Republic has decent ones in the past. Personally, I'm going to wait and purchase one from SuitSupply or another brand in the near future.

12. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Anyone know how the Uniqlo U Fleece Cardigan fits? Looks huge in the pics.

Hoping for a restock.

Thanks!

13. NonChalant321

NonChalant321 Senior member

After returning 2 colors, I decided to keep the Olive for a few days to see if it grows on me. I realized that cinching not just the waist, but the hem at the bottom improves the silhouette a lot. The sleeves are wide but I guess it's in keeping with the original fishtail design which allows it to be a comfortable shell regardless how much layering you have going on. If anything, it's a pretty well made jacket for the price and quite practical as a shell - I think I can wear almost any winter coat I have under it, letting any coat be worn in wet weather. I just may keep it.

14. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I got the UU longsleeve crewneck tees. The fabric is not has soft as previous FW's. Also the fit is not as relaxed, despite the measurements being similar. I'm keeping black and returning the purple and green, as those colors almost looked like they were washed and faded out of the packaging.