• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Chesterfield overcoat? Seems like my best option for something under $200.
i handled this briefly, the fabric seems better than the normal uniqlo offering, more in line with +J. didn't try on but seems a nice basic for the price

JilSlander

Reaction score
^ Uniqlo U is Lemaire's work.

+J (Jil Sander collab) hasn't returned since 2011 except for that year (2013-2014?) they re-released a few pieces.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he just means that it took +J's place.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up some more supima cotton tees from the Denver store. Also airism mesh boxer briefs, which are v comfortable. Seems the place is really only meant to be shopped for basics and whatnot. I passed on a merino wool sweater cause it just felt flimsy af. Long arms too. Yeah, pretty much only the basics at Uniqlo, unless there's some mind blowing collab which doesn't look to be happening any time soon.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the Ines off white flannel and really like it; I would agree it fits TTS.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Bought the green Ines suit. The working sleeve buttons are super annoying. Getting it shortened to between the two (widely-spaced) buttonholes, which hopefully doesn't look too terrible. Just couldn't bring myself to spend more than the cost of the jacket on taking it up from the shoulder.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the wide pants yet?

The wide pants are absofuckinglutely amazing. The fit is perfect, but you gotta be somewhat tall to pull off (maybe 5'10" or taller). One or two rolls at the ankle and theyre golden. Size down 1 from true size (They run about a size big in the waist)

Also, the shadowplaid flannel they are stocking (blue and red, many sizes already OOS) is ridiculously nice for the price. The fit is also very good, slimmer in the body and arms from previous seasons. I went with large and its slim on me, and normally I was somewhere between M and L at uniqlo, with nothing fitting me particularly well before.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
The wide pants are absofuckinglutely amazing. The fit is perfect, but you gotta be somewhat tall to pull off (maybe 5'10" or taller). One or two rolls at the ankle and theyre golden. Size down 1 from true size (They run about a size big in the waist)

Also, the shadowplaid flannel they are stocking (blue and red, many sizes already OOS) is ridiculously nice for the price. The fit is also very good, slimmer in the body and arms from previous seasons. I went with large and its slim on me, and normally I was somewhere between M and L at uniqlo, with nothing fitting me particularly well before.
Thanks man! You've always came through with the knowledge!

Kelvin0683

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Chesterfield Topcoat is very thin and I'm going to return it. I should have done more research before purchasing it but if anyone has recommends for Topcoats for under $250 let me know.

tennessee

Reaction score
I just noticed there is a second wave of IDLF items coming in October.

ines de la.jpg

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is just due to inattention on my part but I feel like this is a really good year for Uniqlo offerings. Lots of really reasonable pieces I'm interested in checking out...definitely wasn't very motivated to browse as often a year ago.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Chesterfield Topcoat is very thin and I'm going to return it. I should have done more research before purchasing it but if anyone has recommends for Topcoats for under $250 let me know.

You're better off just saving up for one. At $250, you're options for a warm, good quality topcoat are going to be pretty low.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads