• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Uniqlo JP sizing are like? My shirt size is S for Uniqlo. Can I still go for S in Japan, or do I have to size up?

Also, the Japanese webshop seems to show fewer products than the UK equivalent. Surely, the Japanese webshop must have a better selection?

Last edited:

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
As far as I know -

US/EU S = JP M

Additionally, overall length and sleeves/pant length are usually shorter. For a tall guy like myself, sizing up when ordering from Uniqlo JP only works out occasionally.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Uniqlo JP sizing are like? My shirt size is S for Uniqlo. Can I still go for S in Japan, or do I have to size up?

Also, the Japanese webshop seems to show fewer products than the UK equivalent. Surely, the Japanese webshop must have a better selection?

The Japanese webshop always has a complete selection, but a lot of items get sold out fast, they take it off the site.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking you want to size up one for Japan/Asia sized clothes. That's what I did with Uniqlo stuff when I lived in South Korea.

Melbush

Reaction score
As far as I know -

US/EU S = JP M

Additionally, overall length and sleeves/pant length are usually shorter. For a tall guy like myself, sizing up when ordering from Uniqlo JP only works out occasionally.
In China, US S= CN M, guess it's the same for China. And shirt sleeves are indeed sometimes ridiculously short.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here bought a hoodie with 2 way zipper lately? I ordered one online but it showed up and is 1 way. CS basically said "oh yeah thats not a 2way hoodie", but I'm wondering if hoodies with two way zips are available in store anywhere.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys, which are the best polos to get this season for casual office wear?

thanks!

NYLON

Reaction score
So who has an idea of what to kop off the U x JW release in Sept?

NYLON

Reaction score
Too neat. And theres alot of stripes everywhere. I mean Uniqlo line already has a fair bit of those already.

What's so special about this collab (for the men's)? I suppose the T's and the accessories will be the first to disappear on drop, maybe followed by the shirts.

There is alot of potential for some prints to be shown off but this drop appears to be more of a blend of Springish / Fall drop than anything...

cafedandy

Reaction score
Too neat. And theres alot of stripes everywhere. I mean Uniqlo line already has a fair bit of those already.

What's so special about this collab (for the men's)? I suppose the T's and the accessories will be the first to disappear on drop, maybe followed by the shirts.

There is alot of potential for some prints to be shown off but this drop appears to be more of a blend of Springish / Fall drop than anything...
Actually, I seem to agree at what you mentioned. He did say in an interview that this collection is simpler than his mainline. The shirting are based on his signature designs, only made wearable because of Uniqlo's aesthetic. The stripe prints are one of the prints he's known for, but yeah, there could've been more potential there.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone remember a Uniqlo duck canvas simple work / field jacket? Saw one at a local thrift, was pretty surprised as I've been following Uniqlo for a long long time and don't remember them ever selling this. It was an older model with the tag reading -

"UNI
QLO"

They wouldn't sell me it because it didn't have a price tag. Happens all the time. I'm gonna return tomorrow and pick it up.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out the new flannels this weekend. This one caught my eye. But no pockets and super cropped body plus short arms. Also very skimpy on the actual weight of the flannel, sigh. Overall they've really just gone down hill the last few seasons.

IMG_0490.jpg

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda weird we haven't seen more from this UU collection so far. All the others had the lookbook pics leaked or sneak peek pics in articles. I haven't seen anything other than the early showroom pics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads