• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were those the Uniqlo U shoes? If so I saw that on a pair earlier and it makes no sense. A 27cm is a US 9 (?) UK 8.5 is 9.5 US and a 44 an 11 US. What size do they fit like?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair, and that's the exact size I got. They fit like a 9.5 us, comparable to Vans 9.5 or Chucks 9.

shoerejuvenator

Reaction score

Were those the Uniqlo U shoes? If so I saw that on a pair earlier and it makes no sense. A 27cm is a US 9 (?) UK 8.5 is 9.5 US and a 44 an 11 US. What size do they fit like?

They fitted like a size 8.5UK... disappointing that such a big fashion retailer can make such a big mistake like this.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you would recommend going .5 down when sizing these based on the US tagged size?

I had a pair of the previous generation (fw16 Nylon versions) on the way but they got lost in the mail. Obviously not a huge loss financially but I really like the Nylon version as they had a vandal type vibe.

Anyone seen a US 9.5 in black kicking around locally?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think theres some shots of uniqlo u f/w 2017 up. Yet again colors look great. I hope he's honed in on the fit more as I just didn't think anything from s/s 2016 fit good.

My eye spots interesting:
Camel hoodie
Olive varsity bomber two tone
Some sort of raglan sleeved drop pocket shacket

It's a little surprising to me that their SS line is already on deep discount and it's only March. I would have assumed they restock at some point. Are we to expect the FW collection in May, then?

PattyC

Reaction score
anyone know if the U stuff is marked down in the Toronto stores yet?

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I zoomed in with cell phone to peep details.

Isn't that last season's collection?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Isn't that last season's collection?

I don't recognize anything from F/W 2016. Maybe there's just some female stuff mixed in throwing me off.

edit: I think it's F/W 2017 because they are already pimping their F/W collection on social media.

Last edited:

boso

Reaction score
This is a long shot but I'm looking for the white seersucker button down from the original uniqlo lemaire line. If anyone has one or knows where I could look besides the obvious (grailed, eBay, etc) let me know!

pe3brain

Reaction score
Anyone own the uniqlo U patterned short sleeve shirts? Do you generally wanna size down?

Also anyone try on the stand collar linen shirts? Do they fit like the flannels from last fw?

Edit found the discussion about the band collars.

Last edited:

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone tried this 'dry lightweight jacket'?

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-dry-light-weight-jacket-193553.html

Been on the look out for a casual blazer type jacket, like an EG bedford, but I haven't seen one I like show up in my size yet. This seems like it could be in the ballpark.

In case anyone is interested, I ordered this out of curiosity, given the price I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but the fabric is really gross. basically the same thickness as a button-up shirt, but the material has that stiff, crispy feel of a really cheap button up shirt, doesn't drape well at all, its going back.

I also ordered the 'comfort jacket' blazer out of curiosity, but it fits slimmer than I was hoping, so I'm gonna try a size large. Hopefully it won't be too long, as I'm only 5'10"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics