• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Uniqlo in New York

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went today to the NY soho store. Impressions:

- Line management is FAR better than last time. There is a clear physical barrier separating the +J section, rather than a flimsy curtain, and a large part of the line is indoors. You can go into the other parts of the store if you are not interested in the +J merch (like the sweet nylon parka).

- There is a decent tux shirt with a wing collar for those who need something formal

- The trench coats are very good. Both models are cotton, the belted one is comparable to the J Crew Sutherland. The unbelted one is the real gem though - it's like 60% the quality of a Mackintosh for 10% the price. Kop this guy hard.

chronic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu

- Line management is FAR better than last time. There is a clear physical barrier separating the +J section, rather than a flimsy curtain, and a large part of the line is indoors. You can go into the other parts of the store if you are not interested in the +J merch (like the sweet nylon parka).

- There is a decent tux shirt with a wing collar for those who need something formal

- The trench coats are very good. Both models are cotton, the belted one is comparable to the J Crew Sutherland. The unbelted one is the real gem though - it's like 60% the quality of a Mackintosh for 10% the price. Kop this guy hard.

I just hope that the khaki colored suit doesn't end up being the peak lapel light grey flannel suit from last year...as in sold out from day one.
plain.gif

Hope they have stuff left by the time I make it there tomorrow! Were the lines long?

chronic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
Supposedly the bulk of the +J drops tommorow at Uniqlo NYC. Don't **** the XS inventory too hard, as I won't be able to get there until Friday afternoon.

Yeah seriously...XS always sells out fast. Considering that 50% of the people who shop there are emaciated Asians, you'd think they'd make more XS stuff.
laugh.gif

chronic

Reaction score
I went at like 6:20pm today, plenty of khaki suits left. The light grey flannel suit of the SS collection is definitely the khaki unbelted trench. I am getting up early tomorrow to snag one in size S.

Nice...good luck! I should have you hide an XS for me somewhere in the store or something...haha

chronic

Reaction score
^^ it's SS. The soho store just had a restock of it.

Woohoo! Better still be there by the time i make it this evening.

bossman08

Reaction score

Is this the unbelted one you mention: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.ht...062004-000-33/

Are the buttons/placket covered?

bossman08

Reaction score
So the all important question, how is the fit of this coat?

Jonah

Reaction score
+J really is cut very much slimmer then regular Uniqlo especially around the shoulders (my biggest gripe). They seem to be catering to the skinny build.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads