1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo in New York

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Coldsnap, Jan 5, 2009.

1. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I was underwhelmed by this place when I went. After reading and hearing about, I had unrealistic hopes I guess. I liked the linen dress shirts they had but was too sick to feel like trying them on.

2. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Uniqulo is definetely overrated.

3. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

THE UNIQULO BACKLASH HAS BEGUN!!!!!11!one

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Haha. I feel bad for people thinking they're going somewhere and getting super nice designer inspired pieces for cheap. It's just an alternative to jcrew/gap with similar stuff. Shit's cheap, some of the stuff is designed ok and fit ok. The store is fucking massive so people have a lot of options.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

you guys are crazy, shits cheap and fits good. I can work in them and not give a shit about an article getting caught in a machine and ripping

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

The gilded age is in the little corner as you come into the store on the left side. The shipley is all over the first floor womens section.

Opening ceremony is now on sale near the rear of the store on the upper floor. TONS of product as of last sunday when I went.

I picked up the gilded age cotton blazer in khaki color and want to get it in navy but these collabs don't seem to be doing too well and they go on sale rather quick. I'll swing by in a few weeks and see what's going on.

Whats the sizing like on the gilded age cotton blazers? I was thinking of phone-ordering one... I know they run smaller than regular sizes but I wondered if the medium would still be too big for me (36 chest) ?

7. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Medium'll probably be fine. It's Japanese sizing, so medium is actually a regular Uniqlo small.

8. Kregg

Kregg Senior member

Yo I heard there was gonna be a fight in front of Uniqlo.

9. Bakes

Bakes Senior member

emailed about a shirt and was told the gilded age stuff sold out already?

10. v3l

v3l Senior member

Anyone been recently and know what the current promos are?

Also, how often do they have promos for jeans? I was still in the city when the S-001 were at 2 for $50 and for some reason didn't buy.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

emailed about a shirt and was told the gilded age stuff sold out already?

I got the same thing, I asked like the day after they came out. I ended up proxying the Zip Up because I need it for a trip

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

what? I was there like 3 days ago and they had tons of every piece of the GA collab

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Ya, I heard on another forum that they had a shit ton still in stock.

whuteva, UK uniqlo has a 20% off code

How do the DI oxfords look? I'm just not feeling the Blue with yellow stripes going from internet pictures.

14. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

How long should I expect to wait for a response these days? I called about a week ago and they haven't called back. (Story of my life, heh.)

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I really hope they are working on a US site to purchase from. I was thinking about the logistics of the reason why they do not but I don't know enough about their business. All I got to say is if they did have one I would solely buy Uniqlo for all my work clothes.

16. Bakes

Bakes Senior member

what? I was there like 3 days ago and they had tons of every piece of the GA collab

yeah i was suprised they said things were sold out, didn't think there was much buzz for this. did the shirts seem decent?

17. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

^ Yeah, but he could just call the stores and have the item shipped directly to his address. No sale taxes either.

[​IMG]

Anyone know how much Uniqlo NYC charges to ship domestically? I'm planning on buying about $100 worth of stuff in a couple weeks over the phone.

18. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Depends on location and possibly weight, but usually around $10.

19. theom-

theom- Senior member

Was anyone lucky enough to pick up a chambray shirt before they all sold out?

20. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

^ Depends on location and possibly weight, but usually around $10.

Thanks man.