1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo in New York

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Coldsnap, Jan 5, 2009.

1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

+rep, amnesiac, thanks for the info.

2. wheelsx45

wheelsx45 Senior member

How slim are the Pique polos and the Slim fit flat front trousers?

3. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

what linen shirt colors were looking good? did you buy plain or ones with a pattern?

I got the light blue. The solids were on sale, the fine stripes were too. Can't remember too much about exact specifics. There were also linen shirts that weren't on sale.

4. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

^^ Good memory man... now if you can do this weekly. jk.

5. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

I was there Friday and saw the following on sale:

-linen shirts (not sure which ones) - $20
    -vintage chinos - $30
    -broadcloth shirts with roll up sleeves that button down - $20
    -some jeans on sale, colored dogstooth ones i think (they were hideous)
    -cotton peacoat is clearing for $30 - a bunch in black
    -micro houndstooh blazer in slim and regular cut - $50
    -fine merino wool sweaters left over (cardigan and v neck, but all mostly XS) - $10
    -pima cotton t shirts in select solid colors - $10
    -some of the gingham shirts might have been on sale, but i can't really remember...

those are the things i remember and tried out. I ended up getting the cheap blazer, a linen shirt, and broadcloth. I also got some of the graphic t shirts for bumming around. The peacoat (s) fit really great, a bit slimmer than my Sterlingwear (36) but I have no need for a black cotton peacoat even if it's only $30...

Can you confirm that the Uniqlo Vintage Chinos were $30 and not $35? I was going to go through rottenappleproxy to get a few pairs but they told be 2 for $70. I don't mind paying the service fees but I don't want to get shafted on the actual price of the pants. Thanks for posting this info. It was much appreciated.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

They were $30 the first week of april too

7. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

They're $30, but I'm guessing rottenappleproxy would have to pay NY sales tax? Not quite ten bucks, but still.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

People who are shocked by proxies charging extra need to get over it. It's a pain in the ass to travel to the stores, find the exact item, wait in line, go to the post office and wait in more lines, etc... If you don't like it, find a different way. They're there for convenience not to be the supercheapest method. Not saying you're like this, but i see people appalled in resale threads where people are asking for like $10 more than retail or something for brand new shirts.

9. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Yeah, but he could just call the stores and have the item shipped directly to his address. No sale taxes either.

[​IMG]

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I meant proxies in general. But yea, i don't know why people are that lazy/dumb

11. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Thanks for the info guys and I wasn't complaining. I just want to know all the facts.

I need to use a proxy because Uniqlo doesn't ship to Canada. I wasn't complaining about the extra fees. I'll gladly pay those and rottenappleproxy adds a separate service charge for exactly that; getting the merchandise for me (ie going to the store, waiting in line, etc.) and they add the sales tax also. They can make that charge however much they want to and they can say that the price of the pants are $40 each whether they are on sale or not. As long as I know all the accurate facts, I can then chose to use the service or not. That is all I was trying to determine.

12. Django

Django Senior member

The gilded age designer collaboration is really nice.

Stand out bits are the cinch back chinos, ridiculously soft oxfords, and short sleeve henleys.

13. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

is the new collab in the NYC store? if so I may swing by there in the next day or two.

14. harryc

harryc Senior member

is the new collab in the NYC store? if so I may swing by there in the next day or two.

The gilded age is in the little corner as you come into the store on the left side. The shipley is all over the first floor womens section.

Opening ceremony is now on sale near the rear of the store on the upper floor. TONS of product as of last sunday when I went.

I picked up the gilded age cotton blazer in khaki color and want to get it in navy but these collabs don't seem to be doing too well and they go on sale rather quick. I'll swing by in a few weeks and see what's going on.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Hows the zip up sweater for Gilded Age? it looks comfortable

16. SoundItOff

SoundItOff Active Member

They're $30, but I'm guessing rottenappleproxy would have to pay NY sales tax? Not quite ten bucks, but still.
    I was in NYC last week visiting and getting ready to make the move, and wasn't getting charged sales tax on some of the clothing I bought. I asked one of the store owners and I guess now there is no sales tax on any wearable items costing less than like $125 or something? I don't know it sounded weird but the only thing I actually paid tax on was some stuff @ Barney's. Maybe I missed something because the last time I was in NYC was probably 8 or 9 years ago.

17. Django

Django Senior member

correct, NYC tax doesn't hit until your totals over like 125.

The zip up is nice. Very light weight for summer.

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

19. harryc

harryc Senior member

Tax is only applied on a single garment over $110 and not on overall purchase total.

20. dsbkoko

dsbkoko Senior member

can anyone comment on their hoodie sizing? material? worth getting?