1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo in New York

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Coldsnap, Jan 5, 2009.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

The shorts fit Mediums = size 32 waist (not 16" exactly but if you are a 32 in pants buy them). They hit pretty much at the knee unless you sag them. I like to roll mine a little because i'm a hipster douche

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

If you had bought those MJK bamboo boxers PRIOR to purchasing your denim I think more people would be interested haha. Say no to freeballin'!

Haha, well I've never worn them. Only for the picture which I did wear underwear, i can't promise they were clean though [​IMG]

I'm getting those chino shorts tuesday in the mail, I got a small

3. Bakes

Bakes Senior member

does anyone answer the phone anymore on the customer orders line? left a message and haven't gotten a call back, no response to email. They used to get back to me right away.

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ They usually take a day or two to respond to my calls, and sometimes almost a week to respond to emails.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

does anyone answer the phone anymore on the customer orders line? left a message and haven't gotten a call back, no response to email. They used to get back to me right away.
    Lately I've called and gotten a return phone in about a day or two. Anthony seems to be pretty busy, they only have one guy it seems doing the phone orders. They use to have a nice girl but I havn't dealt through her in a while.

6. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Yeah, whenever I start getting impatient, I just remind myself it's one guy handling phone orders for the entire country, lol. Feel kinda bad for him... they should really add some more staff.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yeah, he does a good job. I'm horrible at describing what i want and he somehow mails me the plaid colorway wanted out of the 20 they have. This order I called him and just did a follow up email, saying I left a voice message and heres my number in case I mumbled.

8. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Anthony has been great the past 2 days. Yesterday I asked for a comparison on the regular and slim fit jackets and he called back within 30 minutes. There is about .5 inches difference between them with the chest on the small being 20 in. on the regular and 19.5 on the slim. The shoulder is 17.75 on the regular and 17.50 on the slim (all the other measurements are about .5 smaller on the slim).

I also just called about the leg opening on the flat front pants and he answered the phone within 3 rings.

Now that I know it is only him I will quit bugging him!

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

10. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

anyone know how these shorts fit? waist wise and inseam length? im gonna do a phone order on some stuff ...of course i cant try on any of it

[​IMG]

I just bought some shorts today, size small is listed as a size 30. Personally, I am a size 29, and they were a bit tight, but I prefer that to a looser fight. The shorts do fit pretty slim, and they hit slightly above the knee for me (I am 6'0'' for reference).

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

oh shit, what size jeans are you ? I wear size 30 uniqlo, 28 NS. I bought a small in those shorts.

12. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

13. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

I wear 31s in T-000s and 27s in APCS. A small will definitely fit you.

14. sfpasssf

sfpasssf Member

I wear 31s in T-000s and 27s in APCS. A small will definitely fit you.

I'm the same size but I'm having a hard time finding shorts that fit slim through the leg - can you give measurements on the hem width for the smalls? I can't go to the NY store to try them on in person so I'm trying to figure out if these will fit well.

15. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Does anyone here stop by the Uniqlo fairly regularly? If so, care to keep us updated on current promos? Or anyone else who happens to know, for that matter?

It seems they always have something or other on sale, but I usually don't find out until I receive my order and examine the receipt (happened with two items in my last order alone). It's a pleasant surprise, but it'd be nice to take advantage of more often. I'd feel like a dick calling up Anthony all the time asking about promos without ordering anything, though.

Goddamn, I wish they had a web store.

16. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

Does anyone here stop by the Uniqlo fairly regularly? If so, care to keep us updated on current promos? Or anyone else who happens to know, for that matter?

It seems they always have something or other on sale, but I usually don't find out until I receive my order and examine the receipt (happened with two items in my last order alone). It's a pleasant surprise, but it'd be nice to take advantage of more often. I'd feel like a dick calling up Anthony all the time asking about promos without ordering anything, though.

+1

Also, anybody get their button down collar madras s/s shirts yet? If so, how is the fit/cut?

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

+1

Also, anybody get their button down collar madras s/s shirts yet? If so, how is the fit/cut?

I also agree on the sales.
    I got one of the button down madras, I bought one as a test because I wanted others, I just placed on order for more. I bought an XS and its slim, not anything like Boo but it is as slim as it should be.

Maybe I'll post some crappy webcam pic

18. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

I was there Friday and saw the following on sale:

-linen shirts (not sure which ones) - $20
    -vintage chinos - $30
    -broadcloth shirts with roll up sleeves that button down - $20
    -some jeans on sale, colored dogstooth ones i think (they were hideous)
    -cotton peacoat is clearing for $30 - a bunch in black
    -micro houndstooh blazer in slim and regular cut - $50
    -fine merino wool sweaters left over (cardigan and v neck, but all mostly XS) - $10
    -pima cotton t shirts in select solid colors - $10
    -some of the gingham shirts might have been on sale, but i can't really remember...

those are the things i remember and tried out. I ended up getting the cheap blazer, a linen shirt, and broadcloth. I also got some of the graphic t shirts for bumming around. The peacoat (s) fit really great, a bit slimmer than my Sterlingwear (36) but I have no need for a black cotton peacoat even if it's only $30...

19. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Would anybody be able to proxy some Vintage Chinos to Me (I'm in Canada near Toronto)?

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I was there Friday and saw the following on sale:

-linen shirts (not sure which ones) - $20
    -vintage chinos - $30
    -broadcloth shirts with roll up sleeves that button down - $20
    -some jeans on sale, colored dogstooth ones i think (they were hideous)
    -cotton peacoat is clearing for $30 - a bunch in black
    -micro houndstooh blazer in slim and regular cut - $50
    -fine merino wool sweaters left over (cardigan and v neck, but all mostly XS) - $10
    -pima cotton t shirts in select solid colors - $10
    -some of the gingham shirts might have been on sale, but i can't really remember...

those are the things i remember and tried out. I ended up getting the cheap blazer, a linen shirt, and broadcloth. I also got some of the graphic t shirts for bumming around. The peacoat (s) fit really great, a bit slimmer than my Sterlingwear (36) but I have no need for a black cotton peacoat even if it's only $30...

what linen shirt colors were looking good? did you buy plain or ones with a pattern?