The Uniqlo in New York

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Coldsnap, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

i wear 29 NS and the 30 vintage chinos were too baggy for my tastes

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

The vintage chinos aren't really that slim. Like jcrew classic fit really. I think he's referring to the T-000 khaki colored skinny jean which definitely are skinny.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

the slimmest 'mall brand' chino is rugby university. j crew are slimmer than uniqlo.

4. HowdyYall

HowdyYall Well-Known Member

In the post above you, I think SoCal's talking about me, I think I called him "fresh." Haha. But the skinny-fit khakis aren't that skinny. And last time I was there, about 2 weeks ago, they didn't have any waist sizes smaller than 30 (which may have been my problem), so I'd go for that esp. considering you want a skinny fit. I wear a 28 in APC and they were slightly large on the waist. I'd get a S in the cardigans though. I wear an XS but I think you're tall? Also I think this is the second time I've given you advice today, geez lol.

5. Souper

Souper Senior member

I dunno if I have a weird pair or what, but I was able to s ize my uniqlo chinos like my APC NS.

was there today, they have them. I will be going back for 2 gauze sweatshirts!

6. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Wow, thanks for the help, guys. There seems so be a bit of dispute of how to size uniqlo pants compared to APC's, so I guess I'll just get my J. Crew size?

I know Uniqlo tops aren't superskinny or anything, but are they at least slimmer than J. Crew, Rugby, and the other "semi-SF-approved" mall brands?

Chrono, I'd be happy to do the 2 for $50 deal with you. I'l try to figure out what exactly I'm ordering ASAP, and then I'll order the stuff.

7. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

The gauze sweatshirts are great.

8. chronoaug

In the post above you, I think SoCal's talking about me, I think I called him "fresh." Haha. But the skinny-fit khakis aren't that skinny. And last time I was there, about 2 weeks ago, they didn't have any waist sizes smaller than 30 (which may have been my problem), so I'd go for that esp. considering you want a skinny fit. I wear a 28 in APC and they were slightly large on the waist. I'd get a S in the cardigans though. I wear an XS but I think you're tall? Also I think this is the second time I've given you advice today, geez lol.
    Hahhaa. Nice to see you signed up. I remember you telling us you were a lurker. The encounter was definitely funny and socal wouldn't shut up about it after. haha wmmk- Are you talking about the vintage chinos or the T-000 skinny khaki colored jeans? the Vintage chinos are not that slim. Just a bit slimmer than average. The T-000s are certainly skinny and that's not really up for debate if you're seen fit pics. They're khaki colored jeans though, not a traditional chino.

9. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Just got off the phone with a helpful girl. They had a 30 in Beige and a 31 in Khaki, she said the Beige was like Khaki but lighter. I got both, not sure how the 31 might fit but I can always throw it on the market. I wonder how light the Beige is.

i'll take the 31 if it doesn't work out, let me know.

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Hahhaa. Nice to see you signed up. I remember you telling us you were a lurker. The encounter was definitely funny and socal wouldn't shut up about it after. haha

Shut up Richard

11. chronoaug

Shut up Richard

Your brain has the....shell on it

12. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Chrono, I'm talking about the T-000's. I think they'll be great in the legs, it's just the waist that I'm unsure of. Just for another frame of reference, I wear 31 in Levi's 510's and 511's. I'm thinking that means 31 in T-000 too. D'you think the XS sweaters work well for me? I don't mind sleeves being short (want to show cuff), but I'd also like the hem to hit past my beltline. I'm still unsure on the slimness, argh. I assume you'd include sweaters in the "boxy uniqlo tops" category?

13. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

XS sweaters would fit your frame, but are probably too short for you. I'm also interested in the T-000, but it looks like everyone else has already partnered up.

14. wttm

wttm Senior member

Uniqlo is def. not GAP in terms of fit.
    They are your typical Asia sizing (duh!) so just go down one size from your American size for a normal fit which is slim (NOT SKINNY) already. At least from all the items I've gotten which were all from Asia so maybe they have different sizing for the North American store.
    I do agree they are not your skinny fit but more like H&M ?
    APCs aren't even that slim nowadays IMO.

15. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Most Uniqlo items are not slimmer than GAP etc. New York Uniqlo does not = Asian Uniqlo