• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The underwear thread...

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but is it only me who match up my underwear with my outfit? I think quality underwear/socks is one of the base things a real gentleman should wear.

Mostly my boxer shorts comes from ex Sunspel,

What kind of quality underwears do you suggest?

Last edited:

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like boxer briefs from Europe, like Bjorn Bjorg or Hanro, because they finish the leg opening without adding extra bulk.

It seems most American brands add an extra piece of fabric when finishing the leg opening, which causes a substantial VPL on the thigh.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My ongoing issue with boxer briefs is that 99% of them are very heavyweight. I hate it and I have been on a search to find regular cotton ones that are very thin. None of this modal, or poly BS.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been wearing Calvin Klein boxer briefs forever.

emptym

Reaction score
Costco for briefs and crew necks.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like boxer briefs from Europe, like Bjorn Bjorg or Hanro, because they finish the leg opening without adding extra bulk.
It seems most American brands add an extra piece of fabric when finishing the leg opening, which causes a substantial VPL on the thigh.
I have heard of Bjorn Borg that those would be awesome, how are they? Comfy and good quality?

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have heard of Bjorn Borg that those would be awesome, how are they? Comfy and good quality?

I have a lot of them as they were heavily discounted at (sniff) Daffy's and nobody was buying them. I stocked up. I find them long wearing and extremely comfy. And the biggest bonus of all is the leg finish. I bought only cotton ones. I have no experience with the polys.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of them as they were heavily discounted at (sniff) Daffy's and nobody was buying them. I stocked up. I find them long wearing and extremely comfy. And the biggest bonus of all is the leg finish. I bought only cotton ones. I have no experience with the polys.
Aha, how much a pair without the sale?

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aha, how much a pair without the sale?
I think they fall in the $25–$40US range per pair. I hate to say it, but by the time they cleared out of Daffy's, I was picking them up at $4.99. I still have about six pairs with the tags on and this was a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they fall in the $25–$40US range per pair. I hate to say it, but by the time they cleared out of Daffy's, I was picking them up at $4.99. I still have about six pairs with the tags on and this was a couple of years ago.
Damn from $40 to $4, lol.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why style are you looking for? Brief (tighties), Trunks (cross between tighties and boxer briefs. Think boy shorts on a girl), or Boxer Briefs (go down the leg a bit).

Also, do you need any special material? Sweat resistant, smell resistant, extra soft fabric, etc.?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads