1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mejoshua, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

Thanks, Hirsh.

After the wearing of 18 ounces yesterday twice, including once after the rinse while they were still damp, I am definitely a fan of heavy weight denim. I struggle with the sizing of Unbranded. My favorite jeans truly measure 17.5" or 35. I was thinking 34 on the Unbranded. I wish I could try them on!

2. ameg

ameg Member

I want to buy a UB 101, my waist is 36,5 inch, i have a 34/36 gustin slim and a 33/34 nudies grim tim. Both fit well now.

What size do you recommend for me?

Thanks! :)

3. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

The size that fits best.

On a more serious note. Take a tape measurer and compare your body measurements/reference pair to one of the sizecharts on for instance Blue Owl website.

It really isn't that hard.

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

5. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

They look cool, and you won't find 21oz denim cheaper anywhere else...

6. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

Hirsh,

is there a size difference between the "old" ones and the "new" ones as some say?

that is, "old" production versus newer production.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  7. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I'm really sorry, but I don't know...

8. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

That's okay...

word is that Gustin will be offering the 23 ounce again within a few months!

9. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

That's great news!

Make sure you kop a pair!!!:)

10. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

From the UB website:

* New sizing ! Buy one size down from your previous Unbranded size: a new UB221 - size 27 is an old UB221 - size 28

( New 27 = Old 28 )

So the question would be, how do you know if you're buying old size or new size? That I have no idea.

Oh, and Hirsh, I see your avatar changed!

11. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Thank you for noticing - yes I did change my avatar!!

The jeans will shrink, so I would contact the seller and get measurements, although the 28" sound like a better bet - skinny jeans on thin men look horrible!!)

Please write with what you've decided to try and fit picks:)

12. Walt Thizzney

Walt Thizzney Well-Known Member

what do you guys think of this fit? Personally I think it is to big. There is to much extra fabric around the knee and lower thighs to the point where the creases whisksers and honeycombs wont set in properly. I tried on the 29's tho and they were murder lol, these are 30s in new sizing. the old 30s fit me well in the ub201 model though

Fit pics follow the link!

http://imgur.com/a/H0DK7#vBmLYBb

here are my old ub201 on the left

[​IMG]

13. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

wha? it's fine dude. except if you're looking or a skinny, almost skin tight look.

14. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

Are all unbranded jeans low rise? These wouldn't work with guys with shorter legs then?

15. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

I am trying to find the rise of the UB321

What is confusing is that there appears to be a change in manufacturing. The ones I am looking at are the "old" ones. The website is helpful but I think they are the 'new' ones.

This is always the trouble being unable to try on jeans when I can only purchase them online

"
    * New sizing ! Buy one size down from your previous Unbranded size: a new UB321 - size 27 is an old UB321 - size 28
    ( New 27 = Old 28 )

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  16. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

Hi Waldo,

I think you sold these, but I'd still like to know how they ended up with the fit.

I am 34 in Gustin and took the plunge on the heavyweight from The Unbranded UB 321 and ordered 34 from them. I'd rather them too big (I can always shrink them) but not too tight.

With Gustin, the 34's were very tight, and I could only button the top button. After 2 days, the fit was superb. I am hoping for the same with the UB.

17. waldo98

waldo98 Active Member

Yes, I ended up selling my pair of unbranded jeans. When I did the test fit, they were extremely tight but I knew they would loosen up after wearing them a few times. At the end of the day, they were only worn for a test fit and spent the rest of the time in my closet til they were sold recently. I hope the new owner gets to put in some miles on those jeans.

18. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

That's sad....I haven't had to sell a pair of jeans for over 3 years now..I've just worn my favourite pairs to death and added to my collection of jeans - will be 11 until the oldest start to collapse..

19. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

Hirsh,

this is something worthy of discussion:

how long are you finding your jeans lasting? (years)

also, how often do you wear them?

I am curious as to how long raw denim jeans last before they are worn out.

20. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I live in the same 3 or 4 pairs....my 21oz Kurabo jeans are just about 2 years and still going strong, but my Naked and Famous only seem to last about a year, same with 3sixteens..

My PBJ purple face are also nearly 2 years old and still going strong!

As a student my jeans never lasted more than 11 months, but now that I wear raw denim I get better mileage!!!:)

1 person likes this.