1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mejoshua, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Can anyone tell me what the thigh size is of a pair of 34 waist 301's?

2. bmck

bmck Member

I have about a 24" thigh (measured around my actual leg) and the 34 301s were definitely tight when I put them on the first time. They've stretched a fair bit in the three weeks I've been wearing them, so they're now quite comfy for just about everything, although still a little restrictive when I'm on my bike. I'd guess the original size was probably right around 24" (so a 12 or 12.5" measurement across the thigh).

3. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Thanks! My 26" thighs probably won't fit in that case.

4. Spaceman Spliff

Spaceman Spliff Active Member

Need some advice: I have a pair of unbranded that I picked up from the sales rack at my local UO for about $15. I put about a month's worth of wear on them before I went to Japan last week and bought a pair of momotaro raws.

I now no longer have the time to break the unbrandeds in, as I work in an office and can only wear denim twice a week as it is. Any suggestions on creative/funny ways to break them in? They were cheap anyways, so I'd even be open to crazy stuff like tying them to a tree or something lol

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  5. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

What are you trying to accomplish with them?

Why not just wear them in when you do have time... what's the hurry/end goal here?

6. Spaceman Spliff

Spaceman Spliff Active Member

there's no hurry, but i just dont have the time to wear them in like a regular pair of raw denim. i bought them at a time when i wasnt sure if i was willing to commit to expensive $200+ pairs of denim, but now that i have, i can't see myself ever wanting to go back to committing what limited time i have available to wear jeans to breaking in a relatively cheaper pair of unbrandeds. thus, i might as well do something weird/crazy with it and see how things turn out with them.

7. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

Wear them at home. My 221s are too tight in the thighs/knee for my look. I still like the jeans and love their evo, but I don't really wear them out. My "activity" in them entails sitting cross-legged: It's given them some nice whiskers and some wicked honeycombs. Maybe you can make them your housepants. Or cut them up and make some shorts.... Hey, there's an idea, its still summer; make some shorts out of them!

8. jonnie

jonnie Active Member

or make it a pair of 3/4 denim pants...never seen that yet to be honest

9. ropeadope

ropeadope Well-Known Member

I have several cheap jeans, not all selvage, but raw of course, that I use to gardening, fixing the car etc... Work jeans, why not use the unbranded as work jeans? they will look amazing over time.

10. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

they are called "capri pants." and they are for women. its not cool to give this kid advise that will make him the victim of a hate crime.

2 people like this.
  11. jonnie

jonnie Active Member

honestly thought it would work but apologies for giving horrible advice..

12. RoeJogan

RoeJogan Member

Hello Guys! I currently have 1 pair of Raw Denim jeans and they are Slim Guy Broken Twill Naked and Famous Jeans in a 38. They Fit good but the rise front and back is really small and also the cuff is too big and i step on it too much. Do you guys think if i got say a pair of unbranded tapered fit they would fit better or the same? If not Ubranded does someone have any better ideas because i really like their jeans.

13. mistahdabolina

mistahdabolina Well-Known Member

unbranded tapered fit should be a better fit in terms of the cuff, but as far as the rise they are practically the same.

skinny guys=skinny
    weird guys= tapereds
    slim guys= slim
    maybe check blue owl for measurements on both to help.
    And in all honesty, its kind of hard to find a slimmer fitting jean in 38
    hope this helps :slayer:

14. RoeJogan

RoeJogan Member

Yeah thanks. I dont want a slimmer fitting jean, Just smaller cuff so i dont step all over it. I want the rise to be a little bigger because my stuff is all bunched up and doesnt have any room. Do you know of any jean that is tapered but has a bigger rise than N & F?

15. mistahdabolina

mistahdabolina Well-Known Member

To tell you the truth, practically any other brand lmao. I have the same problem with the rise, in all honesty its just how the brand fits.(i have wg's and a couple of skinny guys)
    Id say check out some imperial shearer's. theyre a slim straight fit with a higher rise and a nice tapper at the knee down, so its some what of a similar fit to the N&F wg's and Unbranded tapers.my homeboy has a pair and they fade beautifully and he went with the black ones. I dont believe they come in a 38...but yeah...and better fitting jeans with better quality parts will be higher priced too..

If anything i'd say just go to a tailor and get those N&F jeans you have now tapered or hemmed if you like the over all fit.

16. jaysfordays

jaysfordays New Member

hey if im size 31 in levis should i get 30 or 31?

17. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Why dont you read the size measurements - then measure a pair of jeans you own that fit well - size down one, and profit.

Or... go to the store and try some on.

18. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

Kinda jerky sounding but true. UB is pretty easy to find since they carry them at Urban Outfitters. If there's one near you, it would be worth a short drive to try on a pair and get your sizing right the first time.

1 person likes this.
  19. pipeburst

pipeburst Member

Saw a post a couple pages back about cutting the belt loop thread to open the front pockets a little more. I am so sick of not being able to use the pockets I was going to buy some Norman porters or tellason in the next few weeks anyways so I gave it a try. It doesn't do anything except take the belt loops off.

1 person likes this.
  20. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

Is there a "solid black" model of these? The only black I've seen isn't what I'm looking for. Might just have to go with N&F again