• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

matryx

Reaction score
Hi, I didn't realized there was a Unbranded thread. Post this question in the "I HAVE A JEAN...(THE ULTIMATE JEAN THREAD FOR BEGINNERS) - ASK QUESTIONS HERE" thread but I think I'll get better answers here.

I just got my first pair of raw denim. I bought the Unbranded UB301. I was wondering can I hemmed these now or do I have to wear them for 6+ months and wash them before getting them hemmed?
What would I have to worry about it I get them hemmed before washing them? I can't walk around with these long jeans.

Dirty Denim

Reaction score

Hi, I didn't realized there was a Unbranded thread. Post this question in the "I HAVE A JEAN...(THE ULTIMATE JEAN THREAD FOR BEGINNERS) - ASK QUESTIONS HERE" thread but I think I'll get better answers here.
I just got my first pair of raw denim. I bought the Unbranded UB301. I was wondering can I hemmed these now or do I have to wear them for 6+ months and wash them before getting them hemmed?
What would I have to worry about it I get them hemmed before washing them? I can't walk around with these long jeans.

What's up Matryx, these are sanfornized so I believe u can have em hemmed. I plan on doing the same with my pair. I just soaked mine in faucet hot water and didn't see much shrinkage in the length.

BP267

Reaction score

What's up Matryx, these are sanfornized so I believe u can have em hemmed. I plan on doing the same with my pair. I just soaked mine in faucet hot water and didn't see much shrinkage in the length.
when I emailed blue owl about hemming my 201's, they told me they had to soak them first( which would cause shrinkage). So I plan on wearing mine( not for 6 months but maybe a month or so) until they are broken in a little bit.

matryx

Reaction score

Was I supposed to soak my new pair in hot water before wearing them?

Last edited:

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
U don't have to soak them it's not needed. I did it to 1 take out some of the starch because they are super rigid. These will without a doubt get holes on any points where there are creases. They are one of the most rigid denims iv ever worn. & 2 I wanted a bit of shrinkage in the leg which it feels like I did.

Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
It's not a bad idea for a quick soak a sanforized jean before hemming - gets the starch out and the last bit of shrinkage. And don't worry, do it inside out and you will lose very little indigo.

rxn

Reaction score
I recently picked up my first pair of raw denim and ended up selecting the UB301s in size 33. However, I'm unable to get button the top 2 buttons.

I'm aware that most jeans will stretch to the point that one button can be eventually buttoned but is it recommended for two? The thighs and legs fit great but I'm just curious if I should size up to 34 as I know they're sanforized and aren't likely to stretch much.

rxn

Reaction score

Just exchange them because the size 34 in the 301 are the same in all the measurements of the 33's other than the waist being 1 size larger
Going off blue owls measurements

Good to know. Thanks.

dunkiez

Reaction score

sorry i didn't measured b4 i wear. So i m not sure the waist was stretched or not.
after 12 hours wear(i just measure those) :
waist - 34.5
thigh -12.1
leg opening - 7.9

Seems like it stretched out quite a bit. Were you able to button the top button when you first wore it?

Also, how much tighter was it in the thighs to cause it to stretch out so much?

Dirty Denim

Reaction score

SKINNIES SZ 33

Iv had these for over 1 year now but were bought off another guy who had worn them for around 8 months. A good portion of the fades were already peaking through when I got em. When I got em they had no wallet fade and had not been washed yet. I wore em for about 3 or 4 months before I washed em. Since their first wash iv washed them 2 more times.. The are hands down my favorite Jean I own.

Last edited:

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
how to size the ub221 if your normal waist is 30 and you wear 29 in apc NS? thanks

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SKINNIES SZ 33
Iv had these for over 1 year now but were bought off another guy who had worn them for around 8 months. A good portion of the fades were already peaking through when I got em. When I got em they had no wallet fade and had not been washed yet. I wore em for about 3 or 4 months before I washed em. Since their first wash iv washed them 2 more times.. The are hands down my favorite Jean I own.

Looking good nonetheless. I've had my 101s a few months, and I'm just starting to see some wear around my wallet (i.e. back pocket). No washes as of yet.

Last edited:

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
I found the back pocket fade to take awhile. It's been a year and 4 months and the corner of my wallet fade is finally starting to bite through the fabric.

Knee ripped from horsing around.

wunnaz

Reaction score
Seems like it stretched out quite a bit. Were you able to button the top button when you first wore it?
Also, how much tighter was it in the thighs to cause it to stretch out so much?

I can able to button all of buttons with a little try since first wore.
Thighs aren't so tight but just fit. ATM 12.5" after 5days of constant wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads