1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mejoshua, Nov 17, 2009.

1. matryx

matryx Well-Known Member

You can always weigh them and find out.

2. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

ask Brandon some credit, gift card or coupon for the misprint, hehehe[​IMG]

3. indigoknight

indigoknight Member

hi dirty denim, did you remember actual size of the waist in your 33 and 34 ub21 skinny when it first came (before it streched) ? and which one is your true size, 33 or 34?

4. youmeoui

youmeoui Active Member

Thought I'd share my pair of 201's:
    1.5 years, 2 soaks, 2 washes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  5. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Hi, unfortunately I did not measure. The 34 fits a bit bigger than I want but still fits good. The 33 I just got back from denim therapy and have worn them around the house for a few hours so far. They are soooo tight I can't button the top button yet. I'm a bit scared they might be to tight.

6. nobutada55

nobutada55 Member

New UB121 Tagged 34 (Awaiting Exchange)

Waist -35 (Bands Aligned)
    Thigh-11.75 @ Seam
    Knee-8.75 @13"
    LO-8

7. crispeta

crispeta Well-Known Member

Any word on when the Unbranded chinos in 201/ tapered fit become available somewhere? As far as I know, so far only skinny and slim straight are out.

8. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

my UB @ Railcar fine goods have my HDC entry jeans hemmed thanks guys for the good service it just took less than 10 minutes for chainstitch with Union Special. also thanks for the tour and showing me how you make your Jeans, your 16oz is on my list.
    [​IMG]

9. ropeadope

ropeadope Well-Known Member

Five days down on my Unbranded 221 21oz Tapered... These are fading FAST!
    I couldnt get the top button closed for shit first time I put them on, put its stretching, and I hope its going to stretch a lot more, bought a size too small!
    What do you guys think about the fit?
    30/32
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. indigoknight

indigoknight Member

but you got a nice fit with your 33, does the waist streched already?

thanks nobutada, i am a bit confused about the sizing, because rue state and blue owl have very different measurement

i think thats a bit tight, but nice fit you got there. can you tell me your height and weight? because i wanna buy that size, but still strugling between skinny or tapered

11. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Everyone's talking about how they stretch (not much, apparently), but how about shrinkage? I'd like to try their 21oz tapered -- a cheap experiment in heavy denim to see if it's worth trying Ironheart or similar. Any info would be gratefully received. Cheers.

12. mistahdabolina

mistahdabolina Well-Known Member

isnt anybody questioning why these 21oz are fading so fast? i totally get that heavier denim tends to fade faster...but seeing the jeans being worn for 1 month and lookin like theyve been work in for about 6...it raises questions as to why the denim isnt holding the indigo well...

13. ropeadope

@indigoknight

Iam 179cm tall, and way about 75-77 kilos. But Ive got pretty big thighs, and a wide waist, so its hard to say what fits you just looking at my height and weight!

14. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

i dont see a problem, its not the denim its probably the dyes. denim fades because indigo doesnt hold well, if they were able to find/make an indigo that is even worse at staying on the fibres then itll be fast. probably the same as the diesel turbo denim

15. mistahdabolina

diesel denim sucks though...

what you said kind of proved my point too

16. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

again.... i said the dye not the denim/cotton itself

17. rabbitman

rabbitman Well-Known Member

picked up a pair of 201 tapereds, not sure if i can get away without hemming them.. don't really wanna wait the week and a half for shipping both ways
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. ropeadope

Why do you need hemming? just flip em up another round

19. mistahdabolina

but agian what is the difference when in regards to quality, whether it be the cotton(unknown origins ) can hold the dye, or the cheap indigo itself...just sayin it brings up a lot of questions in terms of the denim's quality....these remind me of the levi's Imprints that failed a while back because they go straight to white after about 6 months

20. ropeadope

@mistahdabolina

I guess you`ve got a point, but is it really necessary speculate very much about the quality of these 98 bucks selvage jeans?
    We know its not the top of the line. Personally I am a student, and i cant afford jeans that cost $200+, but i want to experience the fading process.

Actually, in school I have to wear a uniform, and thats like most of my days, so I am happy that the jeans fade really fast! And if I wanted cheap selvage jeans that wouldnt fade this fast, I could have bought the 15oz..