• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

while all these companies use the same fabric being "denim" they surely are not all the same. They use different types of cottons and different methods of dying the fabric. The more expensive *** brands using pure indigo is not the same as a company using synth. indigo. All of that and more also determines the price of the jeans.

And to be honest you sound like a moron. 

What Les is trying to say about the fabric is that "Unbranded" and "Naked&Famous" use the same exact denim. Unbranded is equivalent to Naked&Famous. Why? Because Unbranded was set up by the makers of Naked&Famous.

Brandon Svarc of Naked and Famous says:

“Unbranded is 15oz raw selvedge denim for around $80 retail which is much more attainable for many folks. While Unbranded is made in China, the sewing quality is excellent, and this brand is growing quite quickly. It is a concept brand made to challenge any branded product, even Naked & Famous. With Unbranded, all you pay for is jeans. We don’t even have to make brand labels or buttons or stamp the leather patch!”

No ad campaigns, advertisements, celebrities, no name brands, plain leather patches, and manufacturing in China make these jeans affordable at a $80 price range compared to Naked&Famous jeans that costs 2x as much.

The makers of The Unbranded brand had the right mindset. High equality denim costs hundreds, which many people can not afford or do not want to spend. Unbranded makes it affordable for people who want to start wearing raw denim as well as make it more affordable to youngsters. Honestly, I feel that Unbranded jeans (along with Nudies) have attracted ignorant, arrogant people would just want to get in on the hype.

Wear any of the discussed jeans like any other jeans you've had before selvedge/raw. You wear your jeans, and I'll wear mine. Get off my jeans about it, and quit bragging about your new "raw jeans".

Can we get a rep in here to clear things up once and for all?

Last edited:

warpspeeeeed

Reaction score
Anyone know a store that carries these somewhere near the border of la and orange county? I went to the urban outfitters in costa mesa and they don't carry them. I went to american rag cie in newport and they barely carried them. At most like 5 pairs in really odd sizes. I really prefer to try on a pair before buying.

Thanks.

alwaysraw

Reaction score

Anyone know a store that carries these somewhere near the border of la and orange county? I went to the urban outfitters in costa mesa and they don't carry them. I went to american rag cie in newport and they barely carried them. At most like 5 pairs in really odd sizes. I really prefer to try on a pair before buying.

Thanks.

You can always ask American Rag to special order a pair from the LaBrea location. That location has a better selection in stock. Or just drive up to LA to Am Rag...

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Unbranded: 13oz Selvedge Chinos
7890000.8b.JPG
We are excited to introduce a new edition of the Unbranded line up....13oz Selvedge Chinos. This new fabric is available in both beige and navy in all 3 of Unbranded's fits. The first production has just arrived which includes the skinny version of both fabrics. We will stock the tapered versions as well which are currently in production and scheduled to arrive in about 4-6 weeks. The fabric is woven in Japan on vintage shuttle looms, has a very soft hand, good weight, and sewn into a perfect fitting 5 pocket jean for a reasonable price of only $78. Unbranded "Skinny Leg" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Beige - Model UB107 - $78 http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7890000 * The "Skinny Leg" fit is a slim straight leg fit that skinny, but not skin tight. * Made with 13oz Japanese raw sanforized selvedge chino fabric * Fabric has a soft feel and very comfortable. Fabric is dyed throughout, so no fading on this one, expect it to maintain is color. * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Hidden selvedge coin pocket detail * Hidden back pocket rivets, chainstitched hems, leather patch * 100% cotton * Made in Macau * Available in sizes 28-36
7890000.1b.JPG
7890000.4b.JPG
7890000.7b.JPG
7890000.2b.JPG
Unbranded "Skinny Leg" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Navy - Model UB108 - $78 http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7890001 * The "Skinny Leg" fit is a slim straight leg fit that skinny, but not skin tight. * Made with 13oz Japanese raw sanforized selvedge chino fabric * Fabric has a soft feel and very comfortable. Fabric is dyed throughout, so no fading on this one, expect it to maintain is color. * 5 pocket, button fly closure * Hidden selvedge coin pocket detail * Hidden back pocket rivets, chainstitched hems, leather patch * 100% cotton * Made in Macau * Available in sizes 28-36
7890001.1b.JPG
7890001.4b.JPG
7890001.7b.JPG
7890001.2b.JPG
More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/09/unbranded-skinny-leg-13oz-selvedge.html

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
^^ Wondering if the pockets are deeper now and actually usable?

Reaction score
^ Chinos look sweet ^
hhmm...never seen Unbranded in AZ UO's. Better go double check.
I still don't understand people getting upset and saying "now EVERYBODY has a pair of raw
denim". Chillout...if people wanna get a pair then let them. I know I was excited when I got my 1st pair (Nudies)

alwaysraw

Reaction score

^ Chinos look sweet ^
hhmm...never seen Unbranded in AZ UO's. Better go double check.
I still don't understand people getting upset and saying "now EVERYBODY has a pair of raw
denim". Chillout...if people wanna get a pair then let them. I know I was excited when I got my 1st pair (Nudies)

You can prolly get Unbranded at Industrie Denim in AZ in Scottsdale. They do carry N&F and I think they carry Unbranded as well.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
^^ Wondering if the pockets are deeper now and actually usable?

They are not.

Slim/straights (labeled by UO at least) should be coming soon. Even though I'm a 32/33 in most brands slim/skinny fits, the 34s did not fit me. If I don't like these I might have to go for the 36s in the skinny fit (it's not the waist as much as the legs, to be honest).

dickenshero

Reaction score
Keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

Must suck paying $400 for jeans when there are $80 jeans out there that use the same quality Japanese denim. But you know, people like Kiya won't become millionaires by selling jeans for $80!

Are those faded unbranded jeans? If so I'm definitely buying those. Absolutely.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they were featured on Fade Friday a few months ago. 1 year and 1 wash IIRC.

I am currently rotating UB's with my Studio 'D 103s, Samurai S710xx, Flat Heads 1001, RRL Raw slims, Big John Ruri selvedge, and Grim Tim Dry Open Org. Selvedge.

When I say UB's denim and construction is legit I know what I am talking about.

Last edited:

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Slim-Straights (labeled by UO/Unbranded has them labeled as Straight Fit) came in today, but I'm sending them back. They are still tight/slim in the thigh, but the leg opening is way too wide for me. They look like bell bottoms on me. Looks like I'll have to go up to a 36 in the skinny fit, which seems odd, because I'm a 31 - 33 in most other brands. I know someone said earlier that these won't fade (which is good, because I really like the deep color), but will they stretch at all? I'm still pondering between getting the 36s or going with the 34s again and wear them around until they stretch a bit.

TooAwesome

Reaction score
Yes, they were featured on Fade Friday a few months ago. 1 year and 1 wash IIRC.

I am currently rotating UB's with my Studio 'D 103s, Samurai S710xx, Flat Heads 1001, RRL Raw slims, Big John Ruri selvedge, and Grim Tim Dry Open Org. Selvedge.

When I say UB's denim and construction is legit I know what I am talking about.

seriously? a pair for each day of the week?

Slim-Straights (labeled by UO/Unbranded has them labeled as Straight Fit) came in today, but I'm sending them back. They are still tight/slim in the thigh, but the leg opening is way too wide for me. They look like bell bottoms on me. Looks like I'll have to go up to a 36 in the skinny fit, which seems odd, because I'm a 31 - 33 in most other brands. I know someone said earlier that these won't fade (which is good, because I really like the deep color), but will they stretch at all? I'm still pondering between getting the 36s or going with the 34s again and wear them around until they stretch a bit.

whatre your measurements? and why dont you look at the tapered fit instead of skinny? itll have more room in the thighs and tighter in the calves/ankles

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads