The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mejoshua, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

HAY!!! ITS REALLY HARD TO ARGUE WITH A DICK HEAD. You have the right to your own opinion and i have the right to have mine, if my post comparing Unbranded with Sam and Iron Heart hurt you, then you are stupid dick head. As i said i have nothing against Samurai and Iron Heart. Allright Unbranded is of lesser quality, poor design inferior fabric what else do want? Maybe that will satisfy your peanut brain di k head...
    :):):)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

2. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

You clearly don't know anything about Unbranded or Naked and Famous. N&F uses the best Japanese fabrics in the world. They have collaborated with Big John, Momotaro, Oki, the list goes on and on. N&F uses the EXACT same Japanese Selvedge for Unbranded that they use in their N&F jeans, which are the same EXACT fabrics you see $300-400 Jap repro brands using. SHOCKING RIGHT?

The denim will last years, the cuts are nice and and the fades are great. WHAT MORE do you want? Do you think it is difficult to "construct" a pair of jeans? You feed the denim through the rails and machines do everything else. LOL Japanese housewives work at the factories that make your precious $400 jeans. I've seen the workshops in Japan and they are nothing special. That 300% premium you pay is for all that HYPE.

Some people are willing to get 90% of the same quality for 25% of the price. That's how no-name raw jeans work. If you don't like it, THEN DON'T WEAR IT. I own a clothing store and have stocked almost every premium raw selvedge denim brand you can think of in the last 10 years and have sold hundreds of raw jeans. I've seen plenty of elitist SOBs and poseurs come and go. The ones who spend $400 on jeans go back to wearing crap after a few months. Real denim enthusiasts wear labels like Levis and Unbranded and don't give a fuck what people think about them. That's what raw denim is all about.

Plenty of people will pay $400 for Diesel jeans but will not pay $200 for raw jeans. Premium wash labs require a lot of labor to make good jeans. Raw jeans take literally 15 minutes to cut and sew and construct by any decent atelier. To most consumers, the jeans look too minimalistic to justify spending that much money on. If you want to waste $400 on jeans of slightly higher quality so you can feed the nose-candy habits of elitist denim shop owners be my guest but don't put people down who are trying to get into raw denim because they don't want to spend $400 to achieve great fades.

3. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

Sounds like you're right on the money with the slim straights, possibly even go up an inch if it's that bad. The chino's won't really stretch, and since they are garment dyed you don't have to worry about fading.

Also could you two idoits take your pointless fighting to PM's already.

4. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Brilliant argument, you'll go far calling everyone dickheads.

I never said Unbranded was bad, I never said disparaged anyone, I simply said that it's foolish to make comparisons when you have no experience with what you're comparing it to. I'll stop shitting this thread up now and let ben2t continue with his expert denim analysis. :slapfight:

5. Usehername

Usehername New Member

Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it.

6. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

while all these companies use the same fabric being "denim" they surely are not all the same. They use different types of cottons and different methods of dying the fabric. The more expensive jap brands using pure indigo is not the same as a company using synth. indigo. All of that and more also determines the price of the jeans.

And to be honest you sound like a moron.

7. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

But but but he owns his own clothing store....and raw denim is all about the Levis and Unbranded mane....:embar:

but in all seriousness I'm very interested in the Navy chinos. Not too sold on UB's cuts though. Is the Tapered fit sizing similar to Naked and Famous' Weird Guy?

8. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Senior member

Holy shit how little you know shines through, why not continue to lurk until you wise up.
    I understand it's rocket science, but they use the same cuts, they also use the same basic fabrics, or at least from the same mills. What cotton and dye they use I'm unsure of.

As for the other kid a post or so up, most brands use a mix of indigo. This thread is made up of people who are stretching the 2-3 facts they know into the end all jean information center. There is so much damn miss info in here it has to be hard for the people who are coming in this thread that actually care about unbranded.

9. malcolm4819

:lol:, not sure you got the sarcasm but as far as the cuts I don't know how UB size and to assume because they are under virtually one umbrella that they have the same sizing is asinine. You can keep all that other nonsense your spewing. Wearing your emotions on your sleeve I see.

10. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

I have the NF in Japan Heritage Weird Guy tag size 30 actual measurement 32, hem is .25 of an inch wider than UB201 tag size 30 actual measurement 31. I am not sure if all NF Weird Guy has the same cut. Blueowlworkshop sizing info look pretty acurate for my experience and you can email them for more info they have excellent customer service.

11. malcolm4819

^^^Case in point, from my experience NF's sizing varies by material (Elephant vs Indigo/Indigo). So looking at UB, it wouldn't make sense to assume they are the same size wise.

But yea, I'll email Jay once he gets them in. Was looking for some members' personal inputs (thank you Ben2t, btw) and got some jerk with his feelings hurt by people insulting his beloved brand.

12. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

i'm going to wear some UB 21oz this winter. All my poorer fitting Sams and IHs going in the closest. Fell in love with the WG fit this summer xD

13. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

Me too can't wait for that UB21oz....:D

14. RRL CLOTHING

Hey jackass, UB uses THE SAME ROPE DYED NATURAL INDIGO SELVEDGE DENIM THAT N&F USE ON THEIR FLAGSHIP MODELS WHICH IS IDENTICAL TO THE DENIM HIGH END JAPANESE LABELS USE, WHICH THEY PURCHASE FROM THE SAME JAPANESE DENIM MILLS. Are you retarded?

Go regurgitate garbage you read on a fashion blog somewhere else.

15. RRL CLOTHING

Another idiot has joined the thread.

I guess when a fashion company introduces a budget line of Raw denim/chinos it will attract all the IGNORANT chumps who don't know anything about fashion or the denim subculture, as to be expected.

Keep up the weak trolling guys. I'm out!