The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mejoshua, Nov 17, 2009.

1. newuser18

newuser18 Member

i wore em for a week at home and only saw very minimal stretching. can anyone else comment on stretching?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

2. groundkontrol

groundkontrol Well-Known Member

Thanks! My only issue with soaking is that I want the length to decrease but I'm afraid of the waist getting too tight.

3. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

I have had my Unbranded Skinnys for a year and a half now although I haven't really gotten around to wearing them since the purchase of my 3sixteens back last october. They fit similar to the n&f skinny guys and although they stretch when they are unwashed the shrink considerably when put in the wash. I was kinda stupid in that I washed them warm and had the waist shrink almost two sizes! They will stretch back out but it is harder the second time around, also I was forced to wash these a little prematurely as I accidentally left them in a none very well ventilated location and the started to grow mold. Should have soaked the in vingerar but alas, was did not. At any rate these fade to a nice greenish hue and are supper soft once taken out of the wash.

I bought mine back when I worked for Anthropology with my discount and they came out to $48 dollars which isn't bad for a pair of 14.5oz raw selvege, I am now looking for the tappered in a size 28 which is what these were originally at so if you have a new set you would like to get rid of PM me :).

here are some fit pics. my waist is a 28.5, I am 5.3" and roughly 120 lb.

these are size 28 in the skinny. sorry for the poor quality pictures will get my girlfriend to snap some proper shots this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and a really bad back shot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The Unbranded Brand: Huge restock shipment just arrived including UB201, UB101, UB301, UB204, UB104. All styles are in stock sizes 28-34. As of this shipment we will continuously stock size 36 and 38 in the UB301 and UB201. Unbranded "Tapered Leg" 14.5oz Selvedge in Indigo - Model UB201 - $78
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991200
    - Fabric is made in Japan
    - Assembled in Macau
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes 28-34, 36, 38 [​IMG][​IMG] Unbranded "Tapered Leg" 14.5oz Selvedge in Black - Model UB204- $78
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991201
    - Assembled in Macau
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes 28-34 [​IMG][​IMG] Unbranded "Skinny Leg" 14.5oz Selvedge in Indigo - Model UB101 - $78
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991202
    - Assembled in Macau
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes 28-34 [​IMG][​IMG] Unbranded "Skinny Leg" 14.5oz Selvedge in Black - Model UB104 - $78
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991203
    - Assembled in Macau
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes 28-34 [​IMG][​IMG] Unbranded "Straight Leg" 14.5oz Selvedge in Indigo - Model UB301 - $78
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7963000
    - Assembled in Macau
    - 100% cotton
    - Sizes 28-34, 36, 38 [​IMG][​IMG]

5. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

Tapered at 2 months 11 days. These are not mine. They are my friend's little brother's. He's 16 and skinny as hell obviously.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Won't stretch a whole bunch, but yeah it stretch a tiny bit. Don't rely too much on stretching tho.

Soaking will not decrease the length (inseam). I warm soaked it twice with no change. It tightens the jeans and makes it stiffer, but this also dies out after wear. So if you want to make the inseam shorter, best thing to do is it get chainstitched hemmed at Self Edge or something. If you can't get it chainstitched, then a regular hem will do, except you won't have roping.

Or deal with lots of stacks.

The waist MOST LIKELY won't shrink too much from a soak. If you wash it though, according to "Rightyow77" it will shrink almost 2 sizes in waist.

7. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Quick fit advice question:

I've been wearing a pair of APC PS for a year now but I don't like the way the taper looks with boots. I am essentially looking for a similar fit through the top/thighs but a straight leg all the way down. I'm thinking the UB101 skinny straight would fit the bill. Can anyone give some advice on this... how does the rise compare to the PS?

That said, I take a 27 in APC PS... should I got for a 28 or 29 in the Unbranded?

8. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd Well-Known Member

anyone ever confirm N&F is making these? I assume not japanese denim though ..

seems like the cuts are even super similar ... tapered leg is damn near a wierd guy .. still thinkin about some of these for myself

9. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

yes, many many times. if you buy them in store their name is on the receipt too. it is japanese denim but put together in china(?) instead of canada

10. touchdowntodd

jesus ... now i need to buy some LOL ... wish i hadnt found that out!

11. touchdowntodd

and these fade faster tahn N&F right?

12. touchdowntodd

and these fade faster tahn N&F right?

13. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Anyone on this? I'd like to put in an order at Blue Owl tomorrow morning.

14. halisray

halisray Senior member

I just wore out my APC NS - what style is similar to the NS? The UB201 tapered fit I guess?

Also how is sizing? TTS, or 1 down? I'm a 32 (30 in APC).

15. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

The skinny does have that general fit yes. The rise probably won't be as forgiving as APC though. I would go for the size 28.
    They are the same materials for the most part. Made in a different country.
    Not really. They fade at about the same rate roughly.
    The tapered fit is somewhat similar to apc NS. But not really.

If you wear a 30 in NS then you would want a 31 in the tapered fit. Just keep in mind the unbranded are a lot slimmer below the knee. That's just the nature of the cut.

Here's measurements.

NS: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6

UNBRD Tapered: Size 31 (32" waist, 10.25" rise, 11.5" thigh, 8.2" knee, 34.5" inseam, 7.4" leg opening)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012