1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mejoshua, Nov 17, 2009.

1. tehbry

tehbry Senior member

where to kop some Unbranded?

any sales of late?

Buy at urbanoutfitters.com or any of their retail locations. I haven't seen them on sale recently, but I've seen them for as low as $30 before.

2. numbuh 0ne

numbuh 0ne New Member

Just picked up some black TTS tapered. The fit seems pretty decent, what do you guys think? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

The waist will stretch about an inch and the thighs will stretch as well. But it looks good right now. Skinny, size 1 up. Here are some pictures. 5 1/2 months. Taken at 5pm [​IMG] [​IMG] Taken at 630pm [​IMG] Starting to tear at the crotch. Ordered a free denim repair from Nudie, so will reinforce soon, but might do a cold soak at 6 months to strengthen the cotton.

4. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Just picked up some black TTS tapered. The fit seems pretty decent, what do you guys think?
    [/IMG]

Yep, fit looks good.

5. modernART

modernART Active Member

numbuh 0ne - fit looks good. where were you able to purchase black tapered? i believe they are sold out on the UO site.

lwkeung - good stuff. i also sized up one on my skinny pair. keep us updated with evo pics.

Pics from yesterday

105 days of consecutive wear. more pics here: http://www.withoutwash.com/2011/04/week-15-review/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 105 fit pic:

[​IMG]

6. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I like looking at your pics modern art and I like the obsessive nature of your project so keep it up! I was gonna do a similar thing with a pair of N&F jeans I have but I'm also lazy.

7. modernART

modernART Active Member

8. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

modernART from hypebeast?

9. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

I have recommended these for a few guys that were looking for cheap selvedge. I am going to take that back. I have had a bunch of loose threads that needed cutting, a belt loop that seems to be coming undone, and the rivets around both pockets look like they might pop off soon. I own a pair of grey skinny fit w/ around 1 month of light wearing.

Nothing bad has happened yet, but I seriously doubt these are going to hold up past 6 months w/o some type of repairs.

I really like the actual material though, but construction seems to be below average compared to my nicer brands. Even NF jeans seem to be miles ahead when regarding durability.

10. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

I have recommended these for a few guys that were looking for cheap selvedge. I am going to take that back. I have had a bunch of loose threads that needed cutting, a belt loop that seems to be coming undone, and the rivets around both pockets look like they might pop off soon. I own a pair of grey skinny fit w/ around 1 month of light wearing.

Nothing bad has happened yet, but I seriously doubt these are going to hold up past 6 months w/o some type of repairs.

I really like the actual material though, but construction seems to be below average compared to my nicer brands. Even NF jeans seem to be miles ahead when regarding durability.

I've had loose threads at times but that's about it, did you size down a lot?

11. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

I've had loose threads at times but that's about it, did you size down a lot?

I went TTS. My waist as of right now measure around 33-33.5. I could have gone done even further, but I don't care for tight jeans.

The loose threads aren't that much of an issue to me. It's the belt loop and rivets looking like they are going to pop. These have extremely light wear of nothing but walking around and sitting on my ass. 1 month is a conservative estimate as well.

I would be interested if anyone else has had these type of issues with their jeans.

12. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

I went TTS. My waist as of right now measure around 33-33.5. I could have gone done even further, but I don't care for tight jeans.

The loose threads aren't that much of an issue to me. It's the belt loop and rivets looking like they are going to pop. These have extremely light wear of nothing but walking around and sitting on my ass. 1 month is a conservative estimate as well.

I would be interested if anyone else has had these type of issues with their jeans.

I have a pair with about 75 wears and it's been fine, my other pair should only have like a half month of wear but I haven't seen any problems, I have heard that the top waist button pops off at times on these. Apparently the little things aren't done so well with these jeans

13. modernART

modernART Active Member

modernART from hypebeast?
    Yes, sir. Same modernART.
    I went TTS. My waist as of right now measure around 33-33.5. I could have gone done even further, but I don't care for tight jeans. The loose threads aren't that much of an issue to me. It's the belt loop and rivets looking like they are going to pop. These have extremely light wear of nothing but walking around and sitting on my ass. 1 month is a conservative estimate as well. I would be interested if anyone else has had these type of issues with their jeans.
    Hey jimmyfingers, I've actually had issues with loose thread on my unbranded skinny as well (I sized up 1 from my true waist), and similar to you, it's not at all a big deal to me. As far as my belt loop and rivets go, they seem to be holding up quite well. I don't notice any potential problems in the near future. I've been wearing my pair everyday since the start of 2011 (today marks 119 days of consecutive wear), and for the most part, it's light wear - walking and sitting. True, construction and attention to detail could definitely be better. Overall though, I'm satisfied with the jeans for the price. Don't know if you've seen my posts in this thread, but you can check out my progress on my blog Without Wash (the link is below in my sig).

14. modernART

modernART Active Member

15. nobutada55

nobutada55 Member

FYI karma loop is now selling unbranded in indigo and black for the same cost as UO.

16. rdstour

rdstour Senior member

17. 16-Ton

16-Ton Senior member

18. djc

djc Well-Known Member

FYI karma loop is now selling unbranded in indigo and black for the same cost as UO.

Also any Aussies looking for Unbranded jeans should check us out!

19. randyc

randyc New Member

Unbranded Jeans are awesome i hope i find some second pairs

20. modernART

modernART Active Member