• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (un)official Zing Chen thread

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score
Young Shenzhen designer. There isn't a lot of discussion about him online but there is this great Medium article about him.

I think he does MTM stuff in Australia and he also sells RTW online through Taobao. His Taobao store is here.

I recently bought a dark gray denim shirt from him (link here) and I was really happy with it. Nicely shanked gorgeous mother of pearl buttons, French placket, cutaway collar with a **** for collar stays, nice fabric - just little details that would bring joy to anyone who also likes SF, Spier & MacKay, Armoury/Drakes, andreasweinas's instagram, and #menswearzzzz in general. Extremely nice fit on me OTR that won't require tailoring but that's a personal/subjective thing. It was also around US$50 shipped so I think it's extremely good value.

O1CN01m10oeK1cm55QnwW4R_!!3375673642.jpg

I really like his colors too, it's all calming/muted grays/browns/blues.

Other stuff from the Taobao RTW store I'm considering:
O1CN01kUB7OI1cm55LvrC9Y_!!3375673642.jpg

O1CN01NZa9tw1cm55TzX5Yo_!!3375673642.jpg

O1CN01rueG5t1cm55hPcomY_!!3375673642.jpg

O1CN01rwN58B1cm55oPf8iA_!!3375673642.jpg

O1CN01FneVMu1cm541TtxXO_!!3375673642.jpg

O1CN01GnM2o01cm55XduLYs_!!3375673642.jpg

Last edited:

soliloquywanderer

Reaction score
Hey, nice thread. I have been looking for polos with nice, not ribbed collar and was considering the buttonless polo or long sleeve polo from this guy. Maybe other people with buying experience from Zing Chen can comment? From what i've seen he has nice clothing with a touch of sartorial in it.

wizzeak

Reaction score
Just bought a waffle knit polo, cotton polo and a long sleeve polo. Should be here in 2 or so weeks? The products look good from the model shots but we'll have to see when it arrives. If they're good it would be a great alternative to more expensive Western brands.

Was hard for me to bite the bullet with returns not being an option. Always a little skeptical of Chinese brands especially since this one is selling on Taobao which usually has lower quality products.

wizzeak

Reaction score

One of three polos I got. I like this one the best, still on the fence with the other two. Tbh I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse with the color due to my skin tone.

It's comfy though. Silk and cashmere so very soft.

The shipping and fees cost way more than I expected though (~120 USD) and I'm not sure if it would be worth it to continue buying stuff without being able to see it in person knowing I'd be stuck with it afterward. If I ever made a trip out to China and could buy from a store I think it's worth it.

Overall I think it fits me pretty well. Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads