• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a Polo Bear sweater sz L for my brother. Get at me if you have one!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m looking for cheaply-priced unstructured blazers — fashunz brands like Alex Mill, Life After Denim, Save Khaki, etc., that are stupidly expensive and look good but tend to float around for dirt cheap on the secondary market.

Also LBM/Eddy Bros, Boglioli, Barena, that kind of thing.

Might have stuff to trade, too, you never know.

I’ve been hard on my blazers this year!

Size Large or maybe even XL, colors other than navy (though navy could be a possibility depending on the jacket).

Thanks...

Looking for a Polo Bear sweater sz L for my brother. Get at me if you have one!

There’s a bunch on Posh Mark right now; shirts, sweatshirts and sweaters, some pretty reasonably priced.

Call your local Polo outlet if you’ve got one. I always assumed they were like other “outlets” (ie places with cheaply-made clothes with the illusion of savings) but I ran into someone in a cool bear sweater the other day — got it from the outlet. Damn.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for cheaply-priced unstructured blazers — fashunz brands like Alex Mill, Life After Denim, Save Khaki, etc., that are stupidly expensive and look good but tend to float around for dirt cheap on the secondary market.

Also LBM/Eddy Bros, Boglioli, Barena, that kind of thing.

Might have stuff to trade, too, you never know.

I’ve been hard on my blazers this year!

Size Large or maybe even XL, colors other than navy (though navy could be a possibility depending on the jacket).

Thanks...

There’s a bunch on Posh Mark right now; shirts, sweatshirts and sweaters, some pretty reasonably priced.

Call your local Polo outlet if you’ve got one. I always assumed they were like other “outlets” (ie places with cheaply-made clothes with the illusion of savings) but I ran into someone in a cool bear sweater the other day — got it from the outlet. Damn.
Unfortunately no Poshmark up here in Canada yet and my nearest Polo outlet is 45 mins away and way more pricey than the outlets stateside ($200+ for the knits the last time I was there). Probably stuck going that route though. Cheers!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m about to list ten like-new Purple Label dress shirts, tagged a standard Large/16.5, if anyone wants to view a poorly-lit photo and make offers on the cheap. Otherwise, I’ll be forced to get my eBay act together.

thefringthing

Reaction score
For the black leather oxford, I'm a 9.5 D/M US, or 43 EU, or whatever the UK size is. Preferably something like AE Park Avenue or better.
I have Park Aves in 9.5D but they're not in "excellent mint condition". Let me know if you want to see photos of them anyway.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m looking for a Life After Denim blazer in L or XL, depending — lightweight cotton or cotton/metal, kind of their signature blazer. Light gray or a brown darker than khaki. I just can’t find them for sale any more.

I’m also selling/trading three — THREE! — of them that didn’t work out.

— Medium light gray summer blazer. All cotton, I think, but really lightweight and crinkly, like the cotton/metal version. Unstructured/unlined

— Large khaki-colored blazer, same. The cotton might be very lightly coated with something. Kind of has a travel blazer feel, but is naturally-fibered, no polyester!

— XL cotton/metal blazer, soft-shouldered, lined with cotton in the body and polyester in the sleeves, I think. Exactly what I was after, but it’s a darker/medium gray. Might keep this one.

Always looking for light/unstructured blazers good for biz-caz and weekend use, L-ish. Cool 80s-ish stuff, regular sf stuff....just be prepared for a bunch of no’s, as like every one, I’m kinda particular. Thanks.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much **** vol. 5000
Selling dress shirts to clear out inventory
Mix of fodder and better stuff - Eton, Paul Smith, Etro, D&G, Thomas Pink, Valentino, Canali, etc.

$15 ea, 2 for $25, 5 for $50, 12 for $100
Shipping / PP fees extra. Snapped quick pics, no measurements.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zm33PHaRGov5Nt6z8

The scary part is I have another 50+ shirts to add to the album, so i'll be updating in the next few days.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
Much appreciated on the offer and sorry for the lack of response on the last one but I only do bulk items for the most part now.

I am much more interested in denim should you get some in or consignment.

Thanks for hitting me up and as usual, good stuff!

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never mind, the guy accepted the offer.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the lookout for a new suit. My oldest son is exactly my size and stole my new Brooks Brothers suit. Now I don’t have one for emergencies. Anybody have one they are looking to sell, let me know. Minimum level would be Brooks Brothers mainline. 44R 36*34 modern. Navy, Charcoal and or thin pinstripes in those colors.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In need of a bunch of suits - wearing one daily for work and really need to add to the rotation. Open to various patterns/colors/prints including plaids, checks, windowpanes, pinstripes, solids, etc. Jackets prefer 2 button (or 3 roll 2), and dual vents. Pants flat front, no real preference in terms of cuffs. Measurements are below - have cash/trades for the right pieces. Looking for good quality, preferably SuitSupply or better. Thanks in advance!

Jacket:
42"-43" p2p,
38.5" waist,
17.5"-18" shoulder
24.5"-24.75" sleeve,
30"-31" length from bottom of collar

Pants:
36" waist,
29.5"-30" inseam

Also in need of a tux, or tux jacket at minimum, and in need of high quality dress shoes - normally a 10.5EEE in Allen Edmonds for reference.

nos482

Reaction score
Hey folks, long time lurker here.

After seeing them recommended so much, I took the plunge and bought a pair of Carmina Chelseas last November (UK 9 on Simpson last). By way of my own hubris I've tried to make them work, but they're simply both too long and too narrow in the toe box. I'm disappointed that it isn't meant to be.

They're worn just a a bit past the point of being a broken in, have the trees, dust bags, box, and original order documentation. At this point, I'm just trying to recoup some of my loss and find these beautiful boys a new home :(

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had a company fly me to MA for an interview. I grabbed a pair of Ermenegildo Zegna wool pants and tried them on to ensure they still fit. I noticed 3 holes in the legs, and through them in the trash. I then grabbed a pair of Canali wool pants and tried them on, didn't see anything wrong so I threw them in my carryon. I put them on the morning of the interview and their is a 2" triangle tear on the seat. Luckily when I put on my jacket it covered the tear, but I was so self-conscious I kind of leaned back to one side all day to keep it hidden. Long story short, I could use a few pairs of staple dress pants 38"/34" (or longer) in lt to dk grey, brown, khaki. Need wool and year round (I have a few thicker flannel ones).

IMG_3438.JPG

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a set or persol 714 they are looking to sell.

Also wouldn't mind another Boglioli in a color other than Blue in 56R.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads