• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offers welcome on this 40 R-ish (could also work for a Short) overcoat.

This is a Savile Row-level bespoke overcoat, custom made in the late '70s by J.C. Wells. The firm became Wells of Mayfair soon after this coat was made, and the firm is now part of Davies and Son, currently located at 38 Savile Row in London.

Two patch pockets
Center hook vent, pick stitching everywhere
Hand tailored details

p2p: 21
sleeve: 23 (+1)
Shoulder: 19
Length: 38 3/4

Last pics in spoiler show the color best.

Left sleeve front (there's also a moth nibble about the size of the second pic's bite on the back of the sleeve):

Last edited:

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some brown suedes in 11D,or brown parks ave in 11D FOR CHEAP. Just need some semi beaters (PS. I'm canadian)

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
paul stuart shacket thing. awesome but doesn't fit me. looking to trade for other stuff or sell, doesn't matter either way!

untagged size, fits like a L

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
deleted.

Last edited:

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One listing got a few comments saying that prices were in eBay BIN territory.

Aside from that, the post appears to be nothing more than a blanket statement with no examples and that type of post adds zero value to a discussion.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People list for what they are able to sell for. If no one buys at those prices, maybe they lower them, or put them on eBay. You don't like the price, don't buy it, but don't try to guilt people into lowering them. You don't know what their costs are or their needs. Maybe this wasn't your point, and I apologize if I've misinterpretted, but as someone has already said, its a blanket statement with no supporting information.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the prices on here are high lately

People list for what they are able to sell for. If no one buys at those prices, maybe they lower them, or put them on eBay. You don't like the price, don't buy it, but don't try to guilt people into lowering them. You don't know what their costs are or their needs. Maybe this wasn't your point, and I apologize if I've misinterpretted, but as someone has already said, its a blanket statement with no supporting information.

I am the one who sort of/I guess called out someone for their prices. They were just about in the eBay buy it now, if not eBay plus, which I don't believe was the intent of the thread. Therefore, if he wants to point out that prices are high, then I feel like that is his own prerogative.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The difference is you referenced specific items and your comment had substance to it.

His comment warrants more of a "cool story bro" reply or no reply at all.

If it was regarding those same items, then that was covered already and the comment is useless. If it wasn't regarding those items then it was a blanket statement and also useless.

Common theme with both scenarios :)

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The difference is you referenced specific items and your comment had substance to it.

His comment warrants more of a "cool story bro" reply or no reply at all.

If it was regarding those same items, then that was covered already and the comment is useless. If it wasn't regarding those items then it was a blanket statement and also useless.

Common theme with both scenarios
smile.gif

Cool story bro.
nod[1].gif

lol8[1].gif
devil.gif
Just kidding.

Shiny

Reaction score
Looking to see if I can trade for this navy John Varvatos Italy made (Lardini) suit. 42R. Would like to see if any of you guys has a Patagonia down sweater or an LL Bean ultra down 850 in size Medium for it. I'll give it a week to see if anyone has a down sweater, if not I'll let it go for what I paid for it $25+actual shipping.

Really great suit. Quarter lined; split vents, patch pockets, 2btn, FF pants, 70%wool/30%linen. There is an issue with the suit that prevents me from taking it to the bay. I skewered it with a shirt hanger while it was in my pile :brick: it is on the front leg (see pix) Left leg, I think. I think you can apply some fabric glue to the underside of the pants and it'll be fine. Even now, it's not really noticeable. If not, you at least are left with a great SC.

P2P 22
shoulder 19
BOC 31
Arm 24

waist 34.5" w/ 1.5 to let
inseam 30 w/1.5 to let

Last edited:

TJhambone09

Reaction score
These are for sale or for trade, cheap. I've had them on eBay for a while but they aren't moving at all. See my signature for items and sizes I'm looking for, or please make any offer, I'll likely consider it.

Timberland 11 wide chukkas. Commando sole, great patina. Perfect for the rest of winter. Made in USA.

Frye 9D penny loafers. These are really nice but just don't have the name recognition. Made in USA.

Cole Haan 9D suede wingtips with Vibram Gumlite soles. Made in USA.

Gerrard Marlboro Connemara Fabrics tweed SC. Made in Ireland. Thick and rough, just like I don't like my women. Approximately size 46R. I'm a 48R and I can get it on but it's tight in the chest and shoulders. Wonderful color flecks throughout. Measurements are in the eBay listing.

All have more pictures on my eBay page, link in my signature. PM me!!!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello folks.

I'm still looking for a wool scarf with a check akin to the burberry nova-check/tartan plaid pattern in a camel/tan color. I'm just looking for a wool scarf (cashmere is out of my budget).

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads