The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Understood, but I said I would givr a discount to SFers, that post was just a copy and paste from another site to Mac my profits. But usually shipping is around 20 dollars, everytime. If anyone is interested, I could take 5-15 dollars off most items

2. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

In my experience as a Canadian seller, when selling on a messageboard or whatever with postage included prices, I always say up front that I'm shipping from Canada and prices are higher because shipping is Completely Insane, especially compared to what Americans are used to.
    It cost me more to ship one LP to Edmonton (300 km) than it did for someone in Tampa to ship one to me (4,400 km). Of course, this was before the USPS rate hikes, etc., but US postage is still a bargain compared to what we have up here, especially if the buyer wants tracking.
    I shipped one CD to Germany last week for $7 via Small Packet Air, the buyer had asked about tracking, but the cheapest rate that included tracking (Tracked Packet) would have been $46. Totally insane.

3. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Yah, absolute killer, I try to add the shipping in my eBay listing, but I think it scares people away, and I might switch back to calculated even though it's a bit Douchey. I just want to sell these quick so I'm willing to give big discounts to those interested

4. tben

tben Senior member

Anyone interested in this nwt Barbour sweater? Not getting as much love as I thought on the site and would rather trade it here then sell it to someone I don't know for very cheaply.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SomethingsFishy

SomethingsFishy Senior member

SIZE 11Ds and Es geddatme! Gotta love ignorant ebay sellers :)

[​IMG]
    EG for Nordstrom Malverns on the 202, 11D US. A few paces short of NOS. Asking 350.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOS EG brown suede derbies for Trafalgar. 11E on the 33. Five hundo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No trades at the moment, sorry guys!

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I may be getting antsy and willing to accept offers on the AWESOME BELVEST SUIT in my sig....

Already have it listed for apprx. 1/10 retail... :spam: :fu:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

7. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

H&m size 36/38 minty 50+shipping ?

Eton 16.5 subtle blue herringbone, absolutely amazing shine
    French cuff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    30+ shipping?

8. vexco

vexco Senior member

couple pairs of shoes.

AE Park Avenue size 8.5D. They're brown and in great shape. $55 shipped or best offer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden full--strap loafers. Burgundy and also in great shape. Size 10.5B. $65 shipped or best offer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. vexco

vexco Senior member

in conjunction with the shoes that I have in the post above. I'm moving so I need to get rid of A LOT OF STUFF. i will listen to all reasonable offers, i really don't want to move all of this stuff. if you're interested in something, just let me know and i'll get exact measurements. I'm at work while posting this so I won't have them listed on some of them. I'll throw in a tie with each item bought or something, i don't know but they gotta go! Since I can't remember how to spoiler, more pictures available upon request. I don't wanna have 1 million pictures in this bitch.

Measurements for all without them will be edited in after midnight tonight. I'm open to all offers so feel free to PM me, I'm easy to work with! Possible trades accepted as well.

Oxxford zephyr weave 44L SC. 2 button, center vent, partially lined. Perfect spring/summer blazer. Sorry if pictures don't show color well but it's Navy Blue. $35 shipped.

[​IMG]

Oxxford POW pattern 44L SC. 2 button, center vent, partially lined. This shit is pretty awesome. $35 shipped.

[​IMG]

Samuelsohn 100% camel hair herringbone SC. Tagged 42R. Single vented, fully lined. $30 shipped.

[​IMG]

Brooks Brothers 100% camel hair SC. Tagged 42S. Single vented, fully lined. $30 shipped.

[​IMG]

Brooks Brothers silk/linen/wool blend SC. Sick pattern. Tagged 44L. Single vent and partially lined. $25 shipped

[​IMG]

Thos David brown tweed jacket. Suede elbow patches, patch pockets, leather buttons, single-vented, partially lined. $25 shipped.

17.5" S2S, 31" BOC, 20" P2P, 23.5" sleeves +1.5" to let out

[​IMG]

Southwick tan 3/2 roll SC with working cuffs. Single-vented, fully lined. $25 shipped.

18.5" S2S, 30.5" BOC, 20" P2P, 23.25" sleeves with +1" to let out

[​IMG]

Orvis green SC. Single-vented, half lined, patch pockets. Tagged 38R. $28 shipped.

[​IMG]

Anthony Foxx dual-vented tweed jackets. Tagged 38L. These came from the same donor so they're both the same size. Patch pockets, leather buttons. $25 shipped.

17" S2S, 31" BOC, 19.5" P2P, 24" sleeves with 1" to let out under cuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pendleton tweed SC. Tagged 38. Blue windowpane pattern. Single-vented, fully lined. $25 shipped.

[​IMG]

Pendleton high grade western wear tweed SC. Tagged 38. Patch pockets, single-vented and fully lined. $25 shipped

[​IMG]

Zegna High Performance SC. Tagged EU52. Dual-vented, fully lined. $30 shipped

[​IMG]

Jack Victor Prossimo 100% linen SC. Tagged 44R. Dual-vented, partially lined and awesome as fuck. $30 shipped.

[​IMG]

Gianni Versace Couture 3 button SC. Medusa-head lining(fully lined), single vent. Tagged EU54. Tear in the lining above the vent of the jacket. Will snap pics of the damage when I get home. $30 shipped.

[​IMG]

Brooks Brothers 3/2 roll black(or really dark navy, my eyes suck) SC. Brass buttons, single-vented, partially lined and patch pockets. Tagged 41L. $30 shipped.

[​IMG]

I think that's it as far as SC's are concerned. I'll post shirts, pants, sweaters, ties in another post. Help me not have to move so much shit by buying it from me!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014

10. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

Taking offers on all items. Ship to CONUS only. Trades considered for CBD suits, blazers, and sport coats (see measurements in signature). Please send PM.

[​IMG]
    7D AE Walton, great condition except for the smallest bite on the outside of the right shoe (really hard to see) [more pictures]

[​IMG]
    Mint E Marinella tie (Length 59 in, width 3.5 in) [more pictures]

[​IMG]
    Borrelli tie with a few minor imperfections (length 52.5 in, width 4 in) [more pictures]

[​IMG]
    INCOTEX staple flat front trousers (32x30.5, with 1 7/8 in cuffs) [more pictures]
    Waist 32 in
    Inseam 30.5 in
    Rise 10 3/8 in
    Cuff 1 7/8 in

Sold
    [​IMG]
    PRL by Corneliani moleskin trousers (35x31), original 34 waist let out [more pictures]
    Waist 35 in
    Front rise 11.25 in
    Inseam 31 in (+ 1.25 in)

Sold

[​IMG]
    Norman Hilton trad brown micro herringbone sport coat, soft natural shoulders, tagged 41R, great details [more pictures]
    S2S 18.25 in
    P2P 21 7/8 in
    Waist 20.5 in
    BOC 31 in
    Arm 25 in

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014

11. RebelWithACause

RebelWithACause Senior member

Looking for $25 each shipped OBO

Bonobos is size (L)
    Zegna size (15)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. deets

deets Active Member

I have a Brioni SC that I'd like to trade. I traded with a friend for it last summer. He mentioned to me that he acquired it here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/302557/tobacco-coloured-brioni-three-patch-pockets-40r-working-cuffs, so you can see the photos and measurements in that thread. I am looking for (a) another SC, either lightweight wool or linen or a mix thereof for spring/summer, or (b) a non-staple suit, or (c) a pair of boots or wingtips (casual) in size 10.5D.

I am looking for brands/houses of similar quality for the SC, slightly lower quality for the suit and cost equivalent brands of shoes. Let me know!

I am new here, so I am willing to ship first if that will put trading partners at ease.

13. vexco

vexco Senior member

Are you a 40R or was that the problem? If not, what's your size?

14. tben

tben Senior member

$6-NWT Ballin odd trousers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. deets

deets Active Member

My apologies for the delay in replying to your questions. I am a 40R. There is nothing wrong with the SC. My wife has asked that I stick to a "one in, one out" policy now that we have a little one and much less space. This is my least favorite SC currently, so it gets the boot.