The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

PM sent Deets Please

2. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

plain toe pebble grain bluchers 11.5-12

3. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I've been offered a decent (by retail standards) deal on 3 NWOT Jack Spade messenger bags by someone who, I believe, works for the company. Not something I need, and a bit pricey at $100 each. If anyone wants a proxy, let me know.

4. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Pics or links of the model being offered?

5. chiron

chiron Senior member

Few items for trade or purchase.

16 32-33

[​IMG]

16 R
    [​IMG]

16.5 R
    [​IMG]

M
    [​IMG]

M
    [​IMG]

6. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

So, awhile back, the coolest of all cool dudes, GuitarPreacher (to whom ALL positive trade karma should be given) gave me an amazingly killer deal on some Alden shell longwings (like, AMAZINGLY killer: http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...ount-store-bragging-thread/43575#post_5628915). I tried, oh so desperately, to make them work for a long time, but I just have to concede that they're too big for me. The problem is, they filled a very specific hole in my closet that will again go unfilled if I give them up, so my trade request is super specific. I'm only looking for:

1) Good (Alden, AE caliber)
    2) Shells (a must...I only own one pair of shell and I love them/NEED another pair)
    3) Brown or burgundy/color #8
    4) Wingtips
    (I have some wiggle room here if someone has a killer pair of shell PTBs or oxfords, I *may* go for it)
    5) in sizes 11.5-12.5D (obviously will depend on the maker)

I know it's a super specific request, but I really want to replace these shoes. I also won't sell them - I have a strict personal rule against selling anything for profit that I purchased discounted from someone else, so please no sale offers. I'll consider other awesome shoes for trade (and to a much lesser extent, tailored stuff), but would really REALLY like to replace these with another pair of shells. I know it's a shot in the dark, but figured I'd give it a try.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's a little bit of damage to the top of the lining in the back of the shoe as you can see in the pics, but it should be hidden by pants most of the time when worn.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013

7. tubs

tubs Senior member

I am looking for a navy 44L suit with 36W 34L pants. I'm requiring my groomsmen to wear navy suits and one of them doesn't have one already.

Here's the measurements he took off his existing jacket:
    Chest: 22"
    Waist: 20"
    Shoulders: 19.5"
    Jacket Length: 32.5"
    Sleeve: 27"

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013

8. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

navy pinstripe count?

9. jrobertson427

jrobertson427 Member

I'm looking for a light grey suit, size 40.

Shoulders: 18.5"
    Sleeves: 25-26"
    Chest 21"
    Waist: 32"

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Consider this an interest check for a vintage 1950's Clicker coat in near-perfect condition. Rather than dealing with eBay, I wanted to see if a vintage enthusiast or Lakeland jacket fan would be interested in it for what I'd consider a fair price (ie less than the best/quick sale price people settle for on eBay). If so, please PM. :slayer:

11. tben

tben Senior member

Pleated pants?

12. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

Bump!

13. sgpearl

sgpearl Member

I bought this some time ago from TweedyDon, but unfortunately it's a little small for me. I hope he does not mind me using his description and pictures, as they are much better than anything I would do:

This is a lovely suit, that would be ideal for a chap starting out--or as an everyday go-to suit! Cut in a contemporary (but NOT fashion forward) style of subtle darting and two button closure, this suit is almost but not a dark grey glen plaid, being a crosshatch pattern with a lovely subtle overchck of dark red and dark blue. If this was a 40L, it wouldn't be here! This is half-canvassed, fully lined, and has a single center vent. It was made in the USA. The trousers are pleated and uncuffed. It is in absolutely excellent condition, and a steal at just $45, or offer.

Tagged 40R, this measures:

Chest: 20 1/2
    Sleeve: 25 (+1 1/2)
    Shoulder: 18 1/4
    Length: 30 1/2

Waist (flat): 15
    Inseam: 29 + 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am asking $35, shipped CONUS.​

14. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

If anyone wants to trade for the 39 R S Saint Andrews suits/sportcoat in my signature, let me know.

I'm looking for things in a 39 S (the shoulders on the blazer are just a tad bit wide for me, and it could be a hair shorter).

15. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Looking for 12e Alden's or Allen Edmonds in either browns or shades of burgundy - all set with black shoes as I have one very nice pair already. Mainly looking for blucher, longwing, or plain toe but I'll give a look at anything anyone is selling in this size.

Also expanding my sports coat collection and I am a 40R, sometimes 40L depending on the maker. Mostly looking to add some glen plaid and gun club patterns at this point but I also need a summer weight navy blazer.

Hit me!