The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Argh, the lighting in GW got me again. This is the second time I've bought a really cool pair of pants there thinking that they were an awesome shade of rich dark green, and when I got them home and took them out of the bag they were actually black. Polo, lightweight, 33x32, cotton. Would have been really great if I thought I'd have a reason to wear them. I have a pair of black Moleskin Barney's New York that I bought at the same GW over a year ago thinking they were exactly the same shade of green! Anyway, they can go back, but available if anyone wants them.

Also found a Filson Tin Cloth Packer Hat. Too small for me, but my son thinks it fits him (he's wrong). Probably 7-7 1/8. Might be unavailable if I let him wear it, but if somebody wants it let me know and maybe we can work out a trade.

I can get pics if anyone needs them.

2. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

I'm on the lookout for a nice, simple conservative casual navy blazer. Needs to be medium to lightweight, Garbadine is a plus. Brooks Brothers would work, something like Canali or Zegna would be better. Needs gold or pearl buttons. Flap pockets=ok. Flap patch=better. Patch= perfect! My sizing varies, but I am usually somewhere inbetween a 38 (Canali) to a 41 (Vtg. Brooks Bros). I have plenty of stuff to trade but would also be down to pay cost and a handsome finders fee. Let me know! I need it by the end of the month!

3. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Sorry that I can't help, but I love that part. Is your son around 13 and trying things out thinking they work?:)

4. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Actually, he's six. He thinks everything that is cool and doesn't hurt to put on fits!

5. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

This in 42R, except I already have flap pockets. Really looking for only patch pockets, strongly prefer MOP buttons. I, too, have much trade bait.

6. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

I'm looking for a tux for prom on the 10th of June. doesn't need to be anything special brand wise, just classic looking. Peak or shawl laples, I would really like Dual or no vents but at this point i would even do single vent. . Needs to be a 36-38 short(17.5 shoulders, 20 Pit, 23 sleeve, >30 LOB)

I have trade goodies or money!!!

Thanks!

Last edited: May 14, 2013

7. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Looking for light brownish suede loafers, size 10.5-11. I have monies to pay!

8. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Miscellaneous Items

16x35 BB must iron OCBD Excellent Condition. $20.00 Shipped

[​IMG]

LLBean...these I think are nwot...really nice dress chinos Measure 36/29.5 $18.00 shipped

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brioni Tagged 36 Measures 17.5 across by 28 inseam...1 1/2" cuff $28.00

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2013

9. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Double...

Last edited: May 21, 2013

10. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

If anyone finds a slimmer fitting suit(about drop 7-9), can you let me know? I wear a 40-42L. Inseam is 32"+ and sleeve is 26"+. Saw a great E. Zegna, but I think it is a 42S. Staple Navy(solid and glen plaid, herringbone, microstripe) and greys accepted(solid or patterned) and greatly appreciated. If it has pinstripes, let me know if the spacing is smaller - the largely-spaced ones aren't appropriate for my work place.

If you also find a standard navy sportcoat/blazer. Something like Brooks works. Flap or patch pockets are fine. I wear a 41-42L in Brooks.

I WILL PAY INSTANTLY WHEN THE RIGHT SUIT COMES ALONG[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2013

11. carlos20co

carlos20co Senior member

I'm looking for a pair of polo ralph lauren pants 32 inch waist and/or brown wool pants, 32 inseam

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I'm looking for some white or blue bucks, I guess, probably light blue, size 8.5. And sunglasses, also sunglasses.

My hobby fund is extremely ailing at the moment, but perhaps, for future readers....and trades. Possibly trades. :D

Last edited: May 27, 2013

13. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

There are a few of these. Look through the thread and market place. I saw some on AAAC's thrift.

14. tben

tben Senior member

15. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

For sale or trade:

Incotex Inco chinos (tagged 35 flat front, Not in the best condish-See last photo. good for casual wear) $20+shipping

Waist:17
    Inseam:30
    Out-seam:39
    opening:9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barrie Hand crafted in England by Cheaney(11 D) could do with a polish 20+shipping

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Four pairs of Incotex pants (alll tagged 40 waist with 30.5 inseams with 1 inch to let out- 3 wool, one set of cords)

Green/brown cords
    olive green
    black
    blue

[​IMG]