The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. patelsd

patelsd Active Member

2. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

E park aves in black. 8-1/2 EEE and they're available for trade or to thrift regulars.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

3. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a white/off-white wool, silk or linen suit in 36-38 short range. I would also be interested in sc's in the same color. NOt looking for anything amazing, could even be Banana Republic or J.Crew. It's for a gatsby party

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

4. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Lots of stuff I've been meaning to do something with. Would prefer trades on everything but I'm open to anything. I'll have some sport coats later but I need to measure those. For now I have ties, shirts, and shoes. PM for better pictures/measurements of anything.

Ties, I like 'em whimsical, as a high school teacher I can really wear whatever. Animals ties are great.
    [​IMG]

Top Row (right to left):
    Fumagali, made in Spain, excellent condition
    Burma Bidas, made in US, excellent condition
    Turnbull & Asser, made in England, could definitely use some steam or a press or something, the tail is kinda messed up, pic below
    Gieves & Hawkes, made in Italy, perfect aside from a micro stain about a foot up from the wide end, pictured below as best as I could

Bottom Row (right to left):
    Gucci, made in Italy, had a stain near the knot (although it never showed when I tied it) that was completely taken care of by Tie Crafters and is pretty much perfect now
    Chanel, made in Italy, had a stain near the knot (same donor) mostly taken care of by Tie Crafters but there is a slight fade which I tried to picture but you can't really see anything
    Polo Ralph Lauren, made in US, pretty skinny, excellent

Labels:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shirts, would love a small or a slim medium in exchange for either of these.

[​IMG]

Zegna, Large, made in Italy, excellent condition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Brooks Brothers "Fun" Shirt, XL, pretty sure it was never worn, I gave it a quick wash and a quick iron to get rid of the thrift store smell, otherwise it's practically new.

Shoes, these are all 9's. I've been wearing them with two pairs of socks but 8.5 D's or C's would do me much better so I'd love to trade for similar shoes.

[​IMG]

From left to right,
    Allen Edmonds "Cameron" 9C
    Allen Edmonds "Byron" 9D,
    Allen Edmonds "Walden" 9C

All are in pretty good shape and I believe they were all from the same donor. Little blemish behind the captoe of the right Byron.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

5. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Anyone interested in trading for the Gucci suit, 40 R, or the Savile Row piece in my ebay link?

I'm looking for things of comparable quality, but that I could wear to a fast-approaching conference.

6. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

I know I don't, but does anyone ever see academic regalia? Looking for a doctoral robe if anyone happens across one.

EDIT: Cap'n, if you're inclined to use your cosmic thrifting powers to russel one up, I might as well request the one with the blue velvet chevrons on the arms, made in tropical weight wool, and a side pocket slit would be peachy. Front panels could also be blue, but that's less essential.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013

7. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

This has never happened to me, but then again there's lots I haven't yet come across. Won't color matching be a problem? Color match usually is very specific and needs to be precise. Unless this is for a costume, of course...

8. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Nothing to match to, really. I'm only interested in the robe, and that is one garment (in the U.S. at least).

9. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

Interesting. I suspect this will be extremely difficult, especially for a doctoral robe. Most people rent these for ceremonies except those desiring to be faculty who expect to attend many convocations, and those people, I expect, will hold onto such things until they are no longer breathing. Estate sales of academics?

10. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

You don't know the POWER of the Cap-side

[​IMG]

I needed knickerbockers -- KNICKERBOCKERS -- in my size. He'd just found a vintage, incredibly well made Parisian pair IN MY SIZE -- do you know how hard that is for something that age, when people gorged themselves on 2 grapes a day and weighed on average 63 lbs as adult males -- the week before.

11. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

that is one shirt that I would love to see fit pics of! what a harliquen shirt !

12. dustinmyself

dustinmyself Senior member

Alright gents,

I really want some colorful pants. Size 31-33ish. (Inseam not really an issue, as it's easy to get altered)
    ANY COLORS! Any brand, FLAT FRONT though.
    Hit me up, please!

ps. And pocket squares. Need pocket squares!

(Wes, I know you're going to be in NY, be on the look out for some colorful pants in my size please!)

13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I HAVE SOME --

Size 31 Mabitex linen trousers (shiny green with tiny stripes of every color). Very nice, very nice.
    That 25.5-26" P2P short sleeved RRL shirt I posted yesterday.

I MIGHT LIKE SOME --

Sunglasses, streetwear stuff, meager dollars, or stuff that fits me
    CM-ish leather beaded bracelet stuffs

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013

14. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Couple of recent finds that I want to put up for trades. Sorry for the picture quality, most of the time I'm just shooting with the ipod. If someone wants better pictures I can get them.

Little shoes!
    Allen Edmonds Sanfords, nice walnut (I think) color. Some wear on the soles, but you're still a long way from resoling. 7D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now to gather together some stuff from the last few weeks. Everything down here would just be cost + shipping.
    Zegna long sleeve polo shirt, quite nice. XL 54
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Canali shirt that I decided is just a tad too small for me. 15 3/4 (EU 39)
    [​IMG]
    Notari Bologna shirt? I've never heard of it, but it is a decent staple light blue shirt if anyone wants it. 15 (EU 38)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013

15. tben

tben Senior member