• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOLD!

I picked up what I thought would be trade bait for some denim that I'd like to own but the deal didn't materialize so these are now available .
Bally dirty bucks made in Italy!
7.5 EU / 8.5 US

I think that spot on the right upper will brush out with some effort. The rest of the suede looks good to my untrained eye. Not worn through to the base anywhere.

Couple of scratches on the heels.

Last edited:

CesarC

Reaction score
Picked up a nice YSL navy hopsack blazer with horn buttons (and original brass buttons in baggie), but it's a little long on me. It's marked 36R, but it's more like a slim 36L. Can get measurements if interested. I'd really prefer a trade, since I paid above thrift prices for this one, but also can do cash if necessary.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
** URGENT PSA **
I have many things available for sale or trade. Of immediate importance, though, is this, because if nobody wants it, I'ma return it at about 3PM eastern. Dark Navy blue flannelized with chalk stripe. Very high quality wool and construction. Dual vent with the vent strap. 3 button. Double pleated trou. Excellent used condition. Branded "Antonio Fusco" (also has a Barney's NY tag). Measures as a 44L with strong waist suppression and large drop. The manufacture tag looks like this, which I've not been able to identify:
Measurements: Pit: 21.75 Shoulder 20.5 Arm: 26 Length: 32.5 Waist: 36.5 Inseam: 32 (with hem ribbon) It's a really nice suit, but shoulders are too wide for me. If nobody's gonna take it, it's just going to gather dust in my house, so I'd rather return it. So if you want it, get @ me NAO. Straight proxy at cost ($30) plus shipping (~$10). Additional pic (it's the one in the middle):

Last edited:

Ebonyman

Reaction score
I'd be interested if it wasn't for the small "pit" measurement. A bit too much suppression for my pecs...LOL

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to trade blackwatch for blackwatch. I bought what has turned out to be a 39 R, which is going to cost, um, $100 to make fit.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be interested if it wasn't for the small "pit" measurement. A bit too much suppression for my pecs...LOL

Inorite? The pit fits me just fine, but I look like Vanilla Ice in the shoulders. I think I found 1980s Dolph Lundgren's suit.

Anyway:

NO LONGER AVAILABLE
(except for possible proxy next time I get back to that store)​

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
available as heck but I bought them at higher than thrift prices just to let you know

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

available as heck ...
PM Sent Unrelatedly (or maybe not) I have these Made in Italy for Barneys suede brouged cap toes. I've been stuffing my dogs into them for the last couple of weeks, but they're just way too small for me. They don't have a size I can find, but I estimate them to be in the 9.5 range. They're in really good condition. Looking to trade for SUEDE or BOOTS of decent quality in my size (10.5D). EDIT: Colors are off. They are chocolate brown.

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
Santoni Cap toes. 9D. I must have checked the same shoe twice b/c I missed a crack on one of the folds :brick: . The crack does not go through the leather ( not a hole). Really thick soles (double?) says "Goodyear" on the bottom, too. A little small for me or I would probably relegate these to beater status. Yours for what I paid $14.99+ship/open to trades, too.

GONE

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in this Polo Down Puffer/Parka? 60/40 blend, waist drawstring, marked as a medium (measurements in the spoiler):

A) Chest (pit-to-pit): 25"
B) Length (from bottom of collar): 34"
C) Shoulder: 20"

D) Sleeve (from shoulder): 26"

Interesting trades considered!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 29 women True religion jeans, almost new. If you want for significant other or something. Trade.

Ebonyman

Reaction score
if anyone has or comes across a nice pair dark brown, flat front wool pants in a size 38x30,32....please keep me in mind.

ellsbebc

Reaction score

PM Sent Unrelatedly (or maybe not) I have these Made in Italy for Barneys suede brouged cap toes. I've been stuffing my dogs into them for the last couple of weeks, but they're just way too small for me. They don't have a size I can find, but I estimate them to be in the 9.5 range. They're in really good condition. Looking to trade for SUEDE or BOOTS of decent quality in my size (10.5D). EDIT: Colors are off. They are chocolate brown.
Those are gorgeous; however, I have nothing to offer. Unless you want Clark's desert boots.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are gorgeous; however, I have nothing to offer. Unless you want Clark's desert boots.

Pics? Send PM.

Also: Officially on the hunt for a tux. Good quality, great condition. Peak lapel, dual vent and nipped waist strongly preferred. 42R. but that's just a coincidence; it's for a friend.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads