The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. countrysquire

countrysquire Senior member

2. tben

tben Senior member

Hamitlon Custom 16.5-33
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oxxford 17-35
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Duke63

Duke63 Senior member

Looking for shirts in 18, and suits / jackets in 46-48.

4. catside

catside Senior member

See the Zegna SC I posted few posts back, I also have a new condition Harris tweed.

5. Duke63

Duke63 Senior member

Assuming you were talking to me, I'm not seeing it.

6. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Also look about a dozen or two posts back. I posted a link to a google doc spreadsheet with a ton of stuff, including size 46 and north (look for a pit of 23.5 to 24.5). Get at me if you're interested in any of it.

7. Duke63

Duke63 Senior member

I did see that, and was going to check it out. I'll get at you if I do see anything.

8. ocooney

ocooney Senior member

So I've got a bunch of stuff to post here, but only have pics of these at the moment.
    Have tried to trade this a few times, but to no avail. Attolini for Barbera. Much nicer in real life than pics. Would love to trade for something comparable in a 44-46

[​IMG]
    P2P=22.5
    Shoulder: 18.5
    Sleeve from seam: 25
    BOC:31

Picked this up for another member, but didn't work out. Size 48 BB Connemara tweed belted overcoat with raglan sleeves. Sorry for crappy overall pic. If nobody's interested this is getting returned this weekend. $17 my cost plus shipping.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Magee Donegal tweed in 40L. Have not measured. 2 button. Vintage made for Kerry Airport.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    O

9. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

I am now in need of a new pair of jeans (old pair had a full on blow-out yesterday). Looking for a quality pair of selvedge. Raw and less washed would be preferred but open to washes also. Something on the likes of RRL, Gap, J. Crew or Naked and Famous would be preferred. I am 33 waist, that is the actual waist measurement and jeans vary due to shrink and stretch so I may be able to swing anywhere from a 32 to a 34. PM me if you have or find anything that may work. I have stuff available to trade or would be willing to pay for them.

10. grendel

grendel Senior member

Do you know your size in Gap? I've got a pair of the Gap selvedge from last year, marked size 32x30 but probably more like 34

11. tben

tben Senior member

I have a pair of naked an famous that are tagged a size 32, measure more like a size 33-34 with an inseam of 33. I tried to make them work for me but they were just eh.

12. Jowen

Jowen Senior member

I really, really wanted these to work, but my tailor can't make them long enough for me [​IMG] Light grey Zegna (I think by Incotex, Portugal made) 100% Wool in perfect condition, flat front, 34x29 with 1.5" cuffs

[​IMG]

13. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Yo, dudes. I'm currently wearing a nice Paul Stuart suit sent by a dude here on very reasonable terms. Unfortunately, the trouser waist side adjusters have gone missing, and there are no belt loops.

Option A is to use braces. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Option B is to sell/trade. Prefer not because it fits fairly well and fills a void (yeah, I see it; don't care) in my wardrobe.

Option C: Pull the belt loops off similar trous. So I'm on the hunt for a dirt cheap pair of charcoal gray worsted trousers -- preferably Super 100s or better. Simce I'm only after the belt loops, the trous can be in the worst possible condition, including moth eaten, and any size at all.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

14. Anth

Anth Well-Known Member

Send me a pic of the fabric