1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Stefan88

Stefan88 Senior member

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9831801/

EG midnight blue calf, 888 last, 10UK,10,5US E
    New without tags, pm. Asking for EG or JL one size bigger(10.5,11) or 750$, 50% off retail price for shoes that generally never go on sale. (apart from once a year in london?)

comes with shoe bags from EG and a mixed shoe cream by Saphir (for this colour)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. rainwater

rainwater Member

In the early 70's, my girlfriend opened one of the first high end resale shops in Houston. I had hair to my waist and I wore wool gabardine pleated trousers, some cool point lapel double breasted jackets, and had an awesome collection of vintage silk crepe beach shirts. Led Zepplin came to the shop once in a limo. It was pretty cool. Really great resale was a little more accessible back then. Most these clothes were from the 40's. I'm so not happy I let this clothes get away from me as the years went by. Now I realize what I had. The name of the shop was "Ruby Tuesdays". Those were the days my friend......

3. rainwater

rainwater Member

In the early 70's, my girlfriend opened one of the first high end resale shops in Houston. I had hair to my waist and I wore wool gabardine pleated trousers, some cool point lapel double breasted jackets, and had an awesome collection of vintage silk crepe beach shirts. Led Zepplin came to the shop once in a limo. It was pretty cool. Really great resale was a little more accessible back then. Most these clothes were from the 40's. I'm so not happy I let this clothes get away from me as the years went by. Now I realize what I had. The name of the shop was "Ruby Tuesdays". Those were the days my friend......

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I was think more along the lines of a pirate ship chasing Moby Dick.

5. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

6. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

NWOT Oakmont (tagged 43L), 100% camel hair, patch pockets.

[​IMG]

Chest 32in
    Waist 31in
    BOC 32
    Shoulders 19.75in
    Arm 24in (1in to let out)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Southwick 3/2 roll! Very soft. Beautiful buttons. Patch pockets. Condition is decent. Some pit stains inside. Lining in right pit coming loose a bit. Lining also coming loose on another point near the shoulder. Nothing a dry cleaning and some simple stitching wouldn't take care of.

[​IMG]

Chest 19.5
    Waist 17.75
    Shoulder 17.75
    BOC 29
    Arm 24
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

X

8. catside

catside Senior member

Got a 40R grey birdseye Oxxford suit , want to exchange with similar my size. Pics and measures on request by PM. Cheers.

9. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

+1

also: these are available, lemme know if you have something in my size (see sig)

[​IMG]

Allen Edmonds Clifton, 10.5D. super nice condition, pretty close to new (check out the insoles, the AE logo is normally the first thing to show signs of wear):
    [​IMG]

thing i'm most interested in is a solid chocolate brown SC for fall (Zegna, PRL corneliani, etc.) or other AE laceups in 10D. hopefully somebody has something!

10. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

Perhaps removing the "Buy / Sell" from "Buy / Sell / Trade / Want" would fix that. I haven't been active in this thread yet, but in my mind, it's for items that you'd be willing to take a trade for, not ones you want to make a profit from. If money ends up exchanging hands as part of the deal, no worries, but I don't think it should be the goal of the listing.

11. catside

catside Senior member

Guys, we should remind certain people that there is a classified section. More pms they get quicker they will learn.

12. Stefan88

Stefan88 Senior member

Have to wait another month or so! Sorry though, saw the Buy/sell and thought it´d be ok.

13. Towers

Towers Senior member

Last stop before ebay, all in the 15.5-16-16.5/34 range;
    Boss Selection

[​IMG]

Ascot Chang
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Palazzo Altieri Roma (??) Italian made linen
    [​IMG]
    Brooks Brothers
    [​IMG]
    Versace
    [​IMG]
    Please wait until it goes to ebay if you only want to offer cash.

Currently looking for barbour/gloverall/similar, white or cream OCBD (16.5/34), staple suits (grey or navy - 40/41R), similar quality shirts (16.5/34), brown shoes (10.5).

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Is anyone in need of an awesome Banana Republic Mac coat in size L, or 5 Jcrew shirts in size M? If so, please PM me, as I dont check this thread too often.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. tben

tben Senior member

If anyone is a size 50 pant, I have two NWT PRL trousers. Get at me.

16. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Finally got around to posting pictures and measurements of my available trades! Follow the sig for size 48 Oxxford suits, a 7-1/2D Cole Haan, 10D Alden, 38R Lanvin SC, HSM sport coats... some have prices but I am more interested in trades and I am willing to work on pricing with members who have good karma from being nice on passing on thrifts!

Will just keep updating as I get more.

17. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

I have navy Canali suit pants roughly size 34. Single pleat, cuffed, very nice. Available at cost or for trade. PM me.

18. Alfred001

Alfred001 Well-Known Member

I'm looking to buy some pants for the winter, if anyone has any to sell. Moleskins or chinos that are thick enough for winter, don't want cords. Looking for something that doesn't have a low rise and has buttons on back pockets, in brown, stone and khaki (I'll buy multiples if you have more than one of those colors). Looking for size 32" waist.

19. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Salvatore Ferragamo - 8D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JM Optima brown captoe - 8.5D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JM Optima black wingtip - 8.5D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Southwick suit with flat front pants - 40/42 L

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Measurements
    Shoulder: 18"
    P2P: 21.5"
    Sleeves: 26"R, 25.5"L
    Waist: 16.5"
    Inseam: 34"
    Cuff: 1.75"

Love this Southwick suit I found; however, my thunder thighs bust out of these pantalones.

- Wool worsted/flannel/donnegal pants 34x32
    - Suits/SCs 40/42 R/L
    - 18.5-19" shoulder
    - 21-22" p2p
    - 30.5-32" boc
    - 25.5" sleeve
    - Shoes 9.5D

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  20. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Anybody want to trade for this ZZegna orphan. Split vented.2btn. Color is gray. A little lighter than charcoal gray. Made in Mexico :uhoh: . Although tagged 42r (52eu), I think it fits more like a 40r.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P2P 20.5”
    TOC 32”
    shoulder seam to end of sleeve 25”
    shlder 18.5”

WANTS:
    41R(!) or 42R suits, lightweight fabrics, Italian name makers preferred NO dbl breasts. Also craving a italianish suit w/unstructured shoulders (at this pt in my life) any brand.
    41R(!) or 42R SCs w/soft shoulders; no padding
    Rag & Bone Philips Blazer sz 44
    AE Strands in brown 9D
    Need some bluchers/derbys in 9.5D color brown (no winged or PTBs)
    zanella flat front trousers (34waist)
    incotex flat front pants (34waist)
    16.5 x 33" dress shirts SLIM FIT; quality brand

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012