1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Also looking for some Hermes, Ferragamo, VV type Christmas/holiday/winter ties, if anyone is sitting on some. Preferably 3.25-3.5 width.

2. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I've got a JCrew with a Polar Bear I never wear from several years ago. Made in Italy as well.

3. winny94

winny94 Senior member

Looking for a good quality tripod. Something in the manfrotto 055xprob level or better. I have a combo of cash, amazon giftcard, current label NWOT canali suit, and lbm 1911 SC to barter with.

Thanks

4. ClosetEvolution

ClosetEvolution Senior member

Looking for a Leather resume portfolio binder for for use in professional meetings and interviews.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  5. Principle

Principle Senior member

Looking to trade burgundy Alden cordovan monks in 8.5D for other Cordovan shoes/boots in 10.5-11 D.

6. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Putting out another call for a white dinner jacket, size 40-42R depending on cut.

7. Versace Guy

Versace Guy Senior member

I've got a VV custom spider tie, a Robert Talbott teddy bear tie and a Battistoni turkey tie listed in my link

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Sold!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I had some Neil Barrett stuff that was very nice, but the tags weren't anything spectacular. Plus maybe the sweatshirt material throws things off?

Do people even fake his stuff?

10. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Looking to sell these for $250 shipped (US) or possibly trade for similar quality shoes/boots in ~11.5D (US).

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    2 people like this.
  11. ClosetEvolution

I've got these ties to sell from when I was new and clueless to eBay. If you're interested for cheap, hit me up. I paid less than $2/ea and just want to unload them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

I'll trade you a Briani for the Guccini. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. ClosetEvolution

lol. I don't need any ties. Just looking to unload them if any one likes the print. I think I paid $1.5 each and will pass them along for that + shipping. I thought I'd offer them up before throwing them back.

Did you pick the briani up by mistake as well?

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Oh my god the want is so real...

1 person likes this.
  15. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

NWT Wallace & Barnes J.Crew FA '13 wool shacket tagged large. Mostly looking for cash, but could do a trade. Shoot me an offer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. JFST

JFST Senior member

Looking for a overcoat in size 40-42S, camel, navy or gray but damn if u have a plaid or any color in that size just hit me up, single or double breasted with peak labels.
    Have tons of CASH( well, not really [​IMG]). WINTER IS COMING.

17. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

i have a beautiful mid-gray suit supply lazio in 40R that i bought new but it was just too small. wore it 2-3 times. looking to trade it for another solid mid or light gray staple suit. 40R in most brands should work for me, but SS was just too slim.

18. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Ralph Black Label suede leather jacket in Large ....will need to receive it before post measurements.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    3 people like this.
  19. double00

double00 Senior member

quick story:

had a macbook pro and the magsafe adapter frayed and i didn't see to it in time and finally had to replace it a few weeks ago.

next thing i know the macbook hard drive croaks, so i got a new laptop.

so now i have a spare macbook adapter that i don't need. any takers? $40. i'd sell it online but there are far too many fakes, this is the legit real mccoy from best buy. pm if interested.

20. ClosetEvolution

Haven't had much time to list on eBay for a while, so I'll list here first to try and clear some of my backlog.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Converse Chuckin Slim selvedge denim with 34 waist. Possibly NWOT as these are cripy to the touch in the best way.
    NWT Vera Bradley bag and nearly new Coach purse. Original owner is a friend and she says she used the purse about 3 times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Same original owner with this pink hiking bag. It was a gift, she took off all the tags to make the giver think she liked it... and then she bought one in a color she likes.

If you're interested in any of the above, hit me up with an offer that will make us both happy and I'll try to have it heading your way tomorrow.

Note, if you have a pair of those chuckin slims in a 31 or 32 x 32-34, I know a place you can send them. ;)