• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok - so I've decided to take my closet to the next level of OCD and am on a quest to have each suit/sc/jacket have its own properly branded hanger. Primarily looking to trade hangers for hangers here, but I am also open to other ideas. Again, looking for broader shouldered suit/sc hangers. PM for individual pics of hangers I currently have for trade. Get at me!

Wants and Haves are below:

Want:

Ermenegildo Zegna (not Z) - 6
Belvest - 1
Caruso - 2
JAB - 1
Cantarelli - 1
Adriano & Sons - 1
Barney's - 1
Lucino Barbera - 2
RLPL - 1
RLBL - 1
Barbour - 1
Brunello Cucinelli - 1

Have:

Dior Homme - 1
Brioni - 3
Corneliani - 2
CC Corneliani - 3
Brooks Brothers - 1
Isaia - 1
Z Zegna - 1
Kiton - 1 (Super heavy duty composite - awesome - may take a little extra coaxing to let this one go :D)
Boss - 6
Love Moschino - 1
Hickey Freeman - 1
Versace Collection - 1
Tumi - 1

I also have TONS of blank, non-branded or off-branded hangers as well, and would be willing to bulk trade those for any of my "wants"

I have a bunch and am not particular. I will look through.

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
Any interest in this Lauren Ralph Lauren true SC in 43R?

I picked it up 2-3 years ago because the shoulders are phenomenal. They are padded but they slope just perfectly. However, I don't know if I lost weight or what but it fits me loose in the waist. I'm more of a 41R to 42R. Maybe a true 43R can use this. I think it's made by Jack Victor in Canada (see tag). A little lighter than navy but not much.Oh, it is 58 silk and 42%wool. Single vented. I bought it new at Lord/Taylor and it's not a thrift pickup. Whatdya think $35 + shipping?

P2p 22.5
Shoulder 19
BOC 31
Sleeve 24

Last edited:

JL3212

Reaction score
I'm making these Keith Highlander Shell Cordovan shoes available for trade. I got them from ReubenR in a trade (shoutout for an awesome trade!) so I wanted to make them available on here first. They are just a bit too tight for me, unfortunately. I am a 11.5D and these area a 12 AAA/A. I spent a good hour brushing them and giving them some saphir. They have a good patina and are built like tanks. Very similar to older Florsheim Imperials. V-cleat. Heavy. Thick, sturdy sole.

Heels need to be replaced. Soles have a decent amount of life left--no soft spots.

Two small flaws on the back heel. On the top, the leather is split, but it is not cracking down the back of the upper. I can provide a clearer picture. Lower down, there is a small puncture (?). It doesn't go all the way through, and you can get a good idea about it's size by looking at it in comparison to the stitching.

Open to reasonable offers.

ReubenR

Reaction score
They'd probably work well for a 10.5D-C, too. I'm split right down the middle with 10-10.5 and C-D, and they were just a touch wide. Long in the toe, obviously, but shape was pretty good. I probably would have kept and worn them if I didn't already have 4 pairs of shell longwings.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I need a lot of **** gone...and there's way more than this...but this is at least a starting point. PM me with interest for pics of any of the following items:
Hickey Freeman formal suit. Tagged 42R. Center vented and fully lined.
19" S2S, 31" BOC, 22" P2P, 25" Sleeves with +.75" to let out. Pants: 16.5" waist, 29" inseam.

Yves Saint Laurent patch pocket SC. Fully lined, dual vented.
17.5" S2S, 30.5" BOC, 21" P2P, 25" Sleeves with +1" to let out.

Burberry London light blue windowpane SC. 3/2 roll, dual vents and fully lined.
19" S2S, 29" BOC, 21.5" P2P, 23.5" Sleeves with +.75" to let out.

H Freeman & Son wool SC. 3/2 roll, center vent, partially lined. Awesome pattern.
19" S2S, 31" BOC, 22.5" P2P, 25" sleeves with +1.25" to let out.

Daks POW pattern SC. Center vented, fully lined. Tagged 42S.
19" S2S, 29" BOC, 22" P2P, 24" Sleeves with +1" to let out.

Jil Sander wool SC. Sublte burgundy stripe pattern. Center vented and fully lined.
18" S2S, 29" BOC, 20.5" P2P, 24" Sleeves with +1" to let out.

Brooks Brothers Brooksease dark gray SC. Center vented and fully lined. Tagged 43R.
20" S2S, 31" BOC, 23" P2P, 24" Sleeves with +.75" to let out.

Norman Hilton SC. Subtle, dark POW pattern with a blue windowpane. 3/2 roll. Center vented and fully lined. Tagged 44R.
19" S2S, 32" BOC, 23.5" P2P, 24" Sleeves with +1" to let out.

Brooks Brothers 346 houndstooth/windowpane SC. Tagged 44R. Center-vented and fully lined.
19.5" S2S, 31" BOC, 23.5" P2P, 25" Sleeves with +1.25" to let out.

Hickey Freeman 3/2.5 SC. Dual vented and fully lined. Tagged 38R.
19" S2S, 30" BOC, 20.5" P2P, 23" Sleeves with +1" to let out.

Brooks Brothers Brooksgate tweed SC. Leather buttons, half-lined and center vented.
18.5" S2S, 31" BOC, 22.5" P2P, 25.5" Sleeves with +.75" to let out.

Brooks Brothers wool SC. Center vented and fully lined. Tagged 43R.
19.5" S2S, 31.25" BOC, 22.5" P2P, 25" Sleeves with +1" to let out.

Brooks Brothers Makers POW SC. 3/2 roll. Center vented and partially lined. Tagged 42L. Great spring/summer SC.
18" S2S, 31.5" BOC, 23" P2P, 26" Sleeves with +1" to let out.

Ralph Lauren Rugby corduroy blazer. 3/2 roll and leather elbow patch. Center vented and partially lined. Tagged L.
19" S2S, 30" BOC, 21.5" P2P, 24" Sleeves.

Sweater sizes:
Vineyard Vines: XL
Alan Paine cashmere sweater vest: 52"
Alan Paine lambswool v-neck: 42"
Pendleton Lobo: XL
Shetland sweater: S
Thomas Pink cotton v-neck: XL
Woolrich wool sweater: XL

Shirt sizes:
Lorenzini: 16.5/42
Zegna tattersall: 16.5/42
Zegna blue: 16.5/42
Zegna orange: L
Brioni sport: XL
FR Tripler & Co french cuff:
HF pink: 17.5/35
HF gray: 17.5/35
Loro Piana: 18/45
J Crew linen: M
J. Peterman sky blue OCBD: XL
HF plaid: XL
RRL Western shirt: XXL
Filson work shirt: XL

Pant sizes:
brown Bill's Khakis, flat-front, uncuffed: 34x29
J Crew yellows, flat-front, uncuffed: 36x30
more brown Bill's Khakis, flat front, uncuffed: 35x31
Luciano Barbera bamboo/silk pleated, cuffed: 34x29
Bonobos flat-front cotton summer pants: 36x30
Brooks Brothers flat-front yellow chinos: 33x28
Emernegildo Zegna flat-front 5 pocket jeans: 34x29
Brooks Brothers flat-front wool trousers: 34x30
Zanella flat-front navy trousers: 40x32

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys got a decent amount of nice dress shirts that need to go. Most 15.5-16.5 neck range

J. Press stripes (few colors)

Battistoni

Corneliani

Eton

Ascot Chang

And more...get at me!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys got a decent amount of nice dress shirts that need to go. Most 15.5-16.5 neck range

J. Press stripes (few colors)

Battistoni

Corneliani

Eton

Ascot Chang

And more...get at me!
Could I see the 15.5s (PM if you prefer)

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, it's with great sadness that I have to concede that my prized Zegna trofeo triple patch pocket SC doesn't fit me as well as I'd like to believe. Fits like a 42L with closed quarters. Very natural shoulders. But I need open quarters and decent waist suppression. So it's *gulp* available. Incidentally, I'm also in the market for a decent triple patch pocket navy blazer. Preferably Isaia, Kiton or something of similar cut/quality.

namdaemun

Reaction score
Sorry to ask again.

Has anyone found a 46 SHORT suit? I'm still looking for one for that old man who is in need of one for his daughter's upcoming wedding. Time is ticking!

HELP!

A gray or any staple color would be ideal. Black could be an option. Solid or a pattern is ideal versus a striped/

With that said, I need your help because he needs a 44/46 SHORT. Here are his measurements:

47-48 chest
24 sleeve
27-28 BOC
19.5 shoulder

Pants
35 waist and he's about 5'4" so I've no idea what the length would be

Last edited:

Putonghua73

Reaction score

That is like the ultimate blue blazer right there G.  Too bad it wasn't a bit bigger...I'd be all over it.

I'd almost agree. Would prefer 2B, more open quarters, and 40R, but I'd agree with the sentiment. That said, more looking for forest green / darker green and/or oatmeal / darker shade SC (patch pockets) to build up my foundational wardrobe.

Lovely SC, GMMcL.

Towers

Reaction score
I've got a zegna(i think) made dunhill blazer up for grabs, apparently ive been hitting the gym too hard because the armholes are now too tight for me to wear it with a shirt. has working cuffs, patch pockets, brass buttons with Dunhill 'd', fits 40r/s.

ideally looking for workwear stuff, especially outerwear. That or grey flannels.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd almost agree. Would prefer 2B, more open quarters, and 40R, but I'd agree with the sentiment. That said, more looking for forest green / darker green and/or oatmeal / darker shade SC (patch pockets) to build up my foundational wardrobe. Lovely SC, GMMcL.
Thanks What size? I have this, which fits like a 43. It's Daks. I love it, but I just don't wear it all that much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics