1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior Member

Has anyone had a successful exchange with user Vexco? I had an exchange set up with him around three weeks ago and, while my items reached him long ago, no sign of mine and trying to get a tracking # has been like pulling teeth. Someone else I've talked to also hasn't received his trade and I'm beginning to think I've been scammed.

2. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior Member

@vexco

Vexco, you're wanted by RubenR. He essentially put you on blast for NOT responding to emails/msgs when in doubt you signed in 10 hours ago. FYI, styleforum has a no tolerance policy if you indeed scammed the heck out of him and that your IP will not only be banned from SF but on ebay

Oh, btw, admins are able to see IF you open a thread and see a post AND / OR open a message within you inbox.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

3. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior Member

I worked a cash deal with him over last weekend for a couple of those T&A shirts he posted in the thrift thread last week. He told me on Monday that he is going on vacation this weekend and that he'd try and get them out before he leaves. I still paid in hopes he would get them out before he goes but I was kind of :puzzled: because that's like 5 days to get them to a post office. I PMed him yesterday asking if he was able to get them out but no response. @ReubenR and @namdaemun please keep me in the loop if you hear from him. Mine's a more recent transaction so I'm not throwing 'bows yet but it's a little unsettling to hear this.

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

Didn't he just post a fit pic like two days ago? He's around right?

I was working a deal with him for some shoes, but he actually told me that he wasn't able to get them out to me because his brother grabbed them.

So I haven't dealt with him, but I'm just offering that up since he could very easily have asked for money at that point.

5. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Distinguished Member

He was on yesterday. You can see the last time someone was logged on by going to their profile.

6. JL3212

JL3212 Senior Member

I was trying to work out a deal with him last week. I wanted something he had and was waiting to hear back about what he was interested in from me. He hasn't responded since, but, if he was just interested in trying to screw me over he could have said he wanted something and never sent the item I wanted. So, maybe something came up within the last week.

7. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior Member

Like I said, I REALLY don't want to believe the worst. He's seemed like a really nice guy and I think he actually had everything he offered. I'm still hoping that he's just gotten busy and hasn't managed to get things out, but he told me he shipped the package (finally) this past weekend and its been a full week without a package or even a shipping #. I've been pretty consistently asking him for that shipping # too, so I dunno. Full disclosure, I set up the trade originally over on another forum, not here, and the other 3 people I've talked to who had similar issues with him were from there too.

8. ocooney

ocooney Senior Member

I'm still waiting as well.

9. GMMcL

GMMcL Distinguished Member

I bought something for him years back and it went just fine.

10. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior Member

I see that most of the posters are low post count, so you haven't been around long enough to have watched vexco's ups and downs.
    He's a nice guy, but he sometimes runs afoul of the law and is unavailable for mailing stuff out for state determined periods of time. When he is unavailable, his family is unreliable in sending out the packages that are supposed to be mailed out to his loyal customers.

I've been there, he still owes me about $25 for a jacket that I tried to buy from him a couple of years ago and decided I'd rather take a refund for when he got in touch with me when he came back. Hopefully he'll be around soon and be able to get stuff out to folks.
    I know when I asked what was up a year or two ago, several people reported good and successful exchanges with him.
    (EDIT: see, GMMcL has already chimed in with a bit of encouragement)

11. ridethecliche

I honestly don't think you need to expound on his history the way you did. I think it's slightly unfair and you could have just said that hrs unreliable at times.

12. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior Member

Eh yes and no. Maybe a PM to each of us with the deets would have been more appropriate, but when some of us are out I don't know, maybe hundreds of dollars or items worth that much while waiting and wondering, I think an explanation is deserved. The explanation should have probably come from vexco up front with a "hey, just so you know, I have some issues, so this is what you are getting into by dealing with me," but honestly Patrologia's info put me considerably more at ease, whereas just saying he's unreliable for no reason doesn't help me much. I don't mind waiting. It's the not knowing whether this guy ran off with my cash or not is what sucks.

Plus I didn't even catch the drift of what Patrologia was saying until you caused me to reread it. I thought Patrologia meant that he runs afoul of the SF laws as far as communication and timeliness go. Hell, the consequences of crossing those might be worse than the real law.

13. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior Member

Maybe it was. He's always seemed pretty comfortable letting folks know what was going on in his life, so other than connecting a few dots I didn't feel like I was saying anything he hadn't said (granted, it was quite a while back). Anyway, the dot connecting was mainly intended to put people at ease that he doesn't totally disappear. I was surprised when he got in touch with me after a 16 month silence. Reuben mentioned being afraid he was getting scammed. I think if Vexco is able to get his crap sufficiently in order, he fully intends to make good. That's all I was trying to convey, with enough historical knowledge to make it reasonable to guys who weren't here in 2012.

Of course it is possible I'm a sucker.

14. ridethecliche

I just think that's something for him to put out there, not someone else. Just my $0.02. I've never had an exchange with him so that's it from me.

Hope it all gets sorted out for you guys all the same.

15. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior Member

I mean, you did say he still owes you $25.