1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Ds13

Ds13 Distinguished Member

I have an odd request.

I've been on the hunt for salvaged suede elbow patches from a jacket/sweater for quite some time now and have had no luck.

If anyone has a set I would really appreciate it.

2. Ken P

Ken P Distinguished Member

Dammit, if I had only seen that yesterday. Passed on a filson sweater that had clearly been shrunk do to mis-washing. Had some beautiful navy suede elbow patches.

3. Ds13

Ds13 Distinguished Member

No worries! I should say that tan or brown patches would work better but honestly I don't really care, blue would look fine too I'm sure. and I suppose I should ask was it shrunk to around a small or a medium? [​IMG]

4. GMMcL

GMMcL Distinguished Member

Hit Wes. He sometimes buys roached old tweed and pulls off the patches. -- PSA for 41, 42 and 43 (possibly slim 44): My sport coat collection has hit unreasonable proportions. I'm making the following available. Except as otherwise noted, all should be within a half inch either way of: Pit: 22 Shoulder: 19 Length: 31.5 Arm: 24.5 Waist: 36 Inseam: 29.5 I would say trades are preferred (since that's how I got most of these things) but recognize THE WHOLE REASON THEY'RE AVAILABLE IS I HAVE TOO MUCH CLOTHING. So if you have something really sweet, high end or saleable, sure, propose a trade. Otherwise, please make a reasonable cash offer. I'm not looking to get rich, but also recognize I liked these things enough to own them for a good long time, so I'm not going to let them go at unreasonably low prices. These will hit Ebay next week. Items I would seriously consider trading for: - LIGHT brown wingtip boots on a nice last - Midnight blue velvet SC, dual vent - High end merino or cashmere sweaters, preferably v or zip neck, or cardigans - Attolini, Kiton, Isaia, Caruso I expect a similar suit and possibly trouser purge will be in the offing sometime soon. PRL USA tweed. Dual vent, ticket pocket. 42R wide shoulders. [​IMG][​IMG] PRL FU plaid tweed. Dual vent, ticket pocket. 41S (30.5 length) with wide shoulders. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Tom James houndstooth with purple overcheck. Dual vent. I absolutely love this jacket but it's just a hair too short to justify keeping. 42 S (30.5 length) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Paul Stuart by Samuelsohn solid navy flannel suit, 41R. Dual vent, inward pleat trou. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] NWT PRL Linen blend SC. Fits like a 43R. Bought at TJX, so I need to cover my nut. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Zanella district check. Colors are absolutely unbelievable. 43L or slim 44L. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Paul Stuart by Samuelsohn field check. 100% cashmere. Single vent. 42R (31.5 length). [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Hickey Freeman for Gieves & Hawkes field / district check. 100% cashmere. Pale green with powder blue overcheck. Single vent. Awesome. True 42R. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Brooks Brothers / Italy, LP cotton, mustard small wale corduroy. Ticket pocket, dual vent, stowable throat latch. 43L with sleeves shortened (but NO material cut; all available to be let back out to 26). [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] RLPL by Chester Barrie charcoal tight multi stripe, wool/cashmere. 41R. Dual vent, ticket pocket, inward pleats. Trouser waistband has some damage, but it's hidden pretty well by a belt. Lining is pretty well blemished, but various soaking methods have been floating around out there to lessen this. If no one snags this, I will likely try myself. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Jack Victor wool/cashmere glen plaid. 42L. I got this free and will make it available free. Note small issue at collar. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Chipp navy 100% cashmere overcoat. 42R. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Lodgers, tobacco suede chuckas. 10.5 US. Worn literally once. Spot on toe that will need aggressive cleaning. As is, box and bags can be included. The last on these things is fantastic. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] -- And here are a few items in around the same size that I recently picked up. Less attached to these; all offers will be considered. Dunhill by Zegna, dual vent, pleated, 42 short (30.5 length) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Dunhill by Zegna wool/cashmere blend windowpane mustard SC. Dual vent. Will need re-weaving. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] BBGF solid gray suit, dual vent, pleated. ~41R [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] BBGF glenplaid SC. 42R [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Donegal brown tweed. 42R (31 length) Dual vent [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 100% cashmere camel sport coat, single vent. 43R [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

5. JL3212

JL3212 Senior Member

Some shameless spam here involving this bespoke Edgar Pomeroy suit:

[​IMG]
    I am looking to trade the suit. However, there is a bit of a catch. I am in a class that requires me to conduct 5 trades. So, in order to meet that requirement, instead of trading one item with one member, and then trading that item for a new item, I want to try and do the trades all at once. I have actually done one before on here with two members. This can actually work out pretty well because it provides some flexibility for people to trade an item with someone who does not have something they want, but another member does have something they want.

It would look something like this: I send this suit to E. E sends something to D. D sends something to C. C sends something to B. B sends something to A. A sends something to me.

Here is more information on the suit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151240679849?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 I believe DM7 said that EP gets the suits from Martin Greenfield. Regardless, the suit is at least on par with the Brioni, RLPL, and Oxxford suits that I have handled--it certainly has more handwork than those.

I don't care what you do with the suit. You can wear it, trade it again, or sell it.

So, hopefully we can get at least 5 people involved. And someone will end up with this awesome suit to keep, trade, or sell. PM me if interested!

I would need pictures of all the items traded among everyone and would like to have the items sent out by Monday via priority mail.

6. Towers

Towers Senior Member

I'm in if you can hook this blockbuster trade up, I just need to know what person d is after.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

7. GMMcL

GMMcL Distinguished Member

in. 42r

8. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

Cot DAMN those are sweet, wish I was 41-43 now

9. JL3212

JL3212 Senior Member

Thanks guys. We can probably take this to PM to sort out more details. Anyone else that's interested let me know! Need at least 3 more people but I won't limit it to that number.

10. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

40R- LONG - Velvet like Canali suit BLAZER(my mistake) - Great condish 50 Shipped

Measurements : BOC: 32.5-33'
    Pit to pit 20.5-21'
    shoulders 18'

Msg if you're interested

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

11. eazye

eazye Distinguished Member

Damn, I would be in on this, except I probably wont be able to get to the post office for at least 3 weeks. :censored:

12. JL3212

JL3212 Senior Member

PM'ed.

And if anyone is thinking they may not have "good enough" stuff to trade, I am pretty flexible with what I receive.

13. GHo

GHo Senior Member

I can be in if you need some more help. Don't have much but can find something.

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

I'd like to help, but I probably don't have anything worth offering right now.

So I'll wish you good luck!

15. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior Member

So I have a brand new Samuelsohn 3roll2 navy blazer, kind of a birdseye texture with silverish/gunmetalish buttons. Size 46R. I got talked into it at the local Hickey Freeman outlet even though I'm a 48R because they didn't have any 48's. After wearing it once, it just feels too snug.

I just cut the basting threads and tags off (still have them) and wore it once. Ill get some pics up later, but is anyone interested for cost ($70)?