• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berto1

Reaction score

willyto

Reaction score
I like the boots but personally I would prefer more eyelets, at least 5 before the speed hooks.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, about how much does Vass MTO run? Been mulling a really chunky budapester with a lugged sole for a while now. And do they typically have leathers not listed on the web site?

MenWithStyl3

Reaction score
My shoes arrived but the toe area feels a bit tight (uncomfy but not to a point which it feels painful). Will it feel better after breaking in or should I get a wider fit?

MenWithStyl3

Reaction score
The size that I ordered is 39.5 but the size number shown on the bottom of the shoes is 39. Does that mean they gave me the wrong size?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, about how much does Vass MTO run? Been mulling a really chunky budapester with a lugged sole for a while now. And do they typically have leathers not listed on the web site?
496€ plus shipping for my order a couple months ago. They do not generally have leathers that aren't on the website. I wish they did!

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a shame, I don't really find straight up calf a great fit for a shoe that I'd want to be a little more rugged looking.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scotchgrain is your only option for a textured, non-suede leather. Some of the retailers they work with source their own leathers, but you have to order through the retailer.

Last edited:

The Castle

Reaction score
Hi,

i was recently in Budapest and bought vass boots. They added a rubber sole and sent them to me afterwards. When they arrived they had each a scratch on each top.

So my question: Can you remove those scratches or whatever it is easily? I tried to stay away from it in case i would make it worse.
I tried to email them but no reply so far at "sales at vass-shoes dot com"
I called them and they told me to send another mail to "vass at vass-shoes dot hu" but still no reply.
Has some on another mail for me?

Greets

Attachments

• Left shoe detail.png
    Left shoe detail.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 115
  • Left shoe smaller picture.png
    Left shoe smaller picture.png
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • Right shoe detail.png
    Right shoe detail.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • Right shoe smaller picture.png
    Right shoe smaller picture.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 149

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I think that flat laces look best on more formal shoes. Your chukkas are great but maybe round laces in the same shade would look best?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics