• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deeky

Reaction score
I take the same size for U, SP and S if it helps. I find that U is shorter than S/SP, but otherwise the fit is more or less the same. Fits a bit tight at the toes

sforum1

Reaction score
I take the same size for U, SP and S if it helps. I find that U is shorter than S/SP, but otherwise the fit is more or less the same. Fits a bit tight at the toes

I am not familiar at all with the S and SP lasts at all since you don't hear/see much about them but just the other day I came across a pic of a pair made on a last I did not recognize and it turned out it was on the S last. Not bad at all I'd say. Just curious, since you own all 3 U, S and SP, what are your thoughts? Which one is your favorite?

Deeky

Reaction score
I am not familiar at all with the S and SP lasts at all since you don't hear/see much about them but just the other day I came across a pic of a pair made on a last I did not recognize and it turned out it was on the S last. Not bad at all I'd say. Just curious, since you own all 3 U, S and SP, what are your thoughts? Which one is your favorite?

S is basically a longer version of the U last, with maybe just a very very slightly wider toe. However, both are soft squares and elongated lasts. SP is simply S but with a raised toecap (i.e. a "bump"). The black oxfords are on the U last, and the double monks are on the SP last. Both are the same size

v1.jpg
v2.jpg

djdanniedee

Reaction score
@Betelgeuse
I would not recommend a 43. My guess would be a 43.5 in F last and probably a 44 in U to be safe. I wear a rain in 8.5UK but would probably go for 9UK to give my toes that bit more room. I'm a 9uk in INCA and it's a beautiful fit. I take 43 in F last perfectly almost and have 43 in U last. I'd probably go for a 43.5 in the future or go up in width in 43 for U last.

sforum1

Reaction score
S is basically a longer version of the U last, with maybe just a very very slightly wider toe. However, both are soft squares and elongated lasts. SP is simply S but with a raised toecap (i.e. a "bump"). The black oxfords are on the U last, and the double monks are on the SP last. Both are the same size

View attachment 1248782 View attachment 1248783
Thank you. Did you notice any difference in the instep between the 3 lasts?

Deeky

Reaction score
Can't say. I took an oxford and a double monk - monks usually fit every sort of instep so its difficult to say

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody own a pair of U or F in size 38? If so, do you think you can post the outside sole length?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads