• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Gold Museum?

@vriche If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend a trip to Budapest. Its a beautiful city and worth a visit even without a trip Vass. Once you are there, you can have them look and measure and modify your last, or even make a custom last, though you would need a second trip for that. I am sure they could resolve that issue for you. Once you have the last adjustments, you can just press repeat.

I did this back in the spring of 2018, and I am getting ready to order a second pair. It was recommended I wear them for a year before ordering the next pair, plus I know they will fit when they arrive.

DL-

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@vriche If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend a trip to Budapest. Its a beautiful city and worth a visit even without a trip Vass. Once you are there, you can have them look and measure and modify your last, or even make a custom last, though you would need a second trip for that. I am sure they could resolve that issue for you. Once you have the last adjustments, you can just press repeat.

I did this back in the spring of 2018, and I am getting ready to order a second pair. It was recommended I wear them for a year before ordering the next pair, plus I know they will fit when they arrive.

DL-
I’ve actually thought about it as I love their shoes so much. I’m glad to hear that it worked out for you.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@vriche what other brands/last do you wear that fits good without the gapping?
Every other one, really. Too many to remember but off the top of my head:

Meermin’s Ben and Elton.
Carmina’s Rain and Forest.
Enzo Bonafè’s 946.
Joe Works’s 0 last.
Cobbler Union’s City last.
Löf & Tung’s S last.

Terminator

Reaction score
I have pair of F last chukka in size 43.5 but in hindsight 43 would have been better. Should I stay with 43 in the Budapester last or even go with 42.5? I have rather splayed toes (I don’t think I could wear the U last all day for example), narrow heels and flat feet. Thanks

willyto

Reaction score
Quick photo of one of my pairs of Vass I wear in a more casual way. I just applied shoe cream and paid attention to the stitching which had lost the brown colour.

HjyN6z8.jpg

7qKh3y8.jpg

Haven't used any wax polish.

manolo tomato

Reaction score
These are awesome!

I am very tempted to get my second pair of Vass shoes under the current sale. I own one pair of oxfords on the F last in 43 that fits very snug. I also tried 43.5, which was a bit too wide. Ideally, Something just in the middle probably would have been perfect. Based on that, which size would you recommend on the P2 and the Budapest last?

WilYa

Reaction score
These are awesome!

I am very tempted to get my second pair of Vass shoes under the current sale. I own one pair of oxfords on the F last in 43 that fits very snug. I also tried 43.5, which was a bit too wide. Ideally, Something just in the middle probably would have been perfect. Based on that, which size would you recommend on the P2 and the Budapest last?
43 P2 is roomier

Man with a suitcase

Reaction score
Hi Style Guys,

I´m very tempted to buy a pair of Budapesters on line from Vass as the price of 309€ is quite unbeatable. Unfortunately I won´t be in Hungary any time soon and have never owned nor tried on a pair of Vass.

I usually wear a 46 in Magnanni and have an average, perhaps a bit wider than average foot.

These are the shoes I am talking about .

What do you experts and Vass owners think? Will I be able to comfortably squeeze my dogs into a 46?

Or do I wait until my next trip to Budapest and maybe wind up paying 2-300 Euro more?

Thanks for any tips.

Man with a Suitcase

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads