• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, sizing is extremely tricky with Vass. I have somewhat of a high instep and wear a 7 UK in every shoe brand that I wear including Carmina Rain. I first bought a 41 on the F and it was too big. The V was completely closed and the shoes gaped on the side.

I was then advised to try 40.5, they fit much better but still gape. The odd thing is I’ve tried a lot of different brands and never had that issue. I love Vass but maybe they’re just not a good match for my feet. I put all mines up for sale, sadly.

Oh .. that’s a bummer. I know how much u like Vass.

Your videos on the black cap toes was one of the reasons I want to buy the black Vass cap toe Oxford.

I am a UK 10 in trickers and Carmina’s Rain last. Do u think I can maybe go down half a size in their F last ? A 43.5 maybe ?

spencert

Reaction score

Your videos on the black cap toes was one of the reasons I want to buy the black Vass cap toe Oxford.

I am a UK 10 in trickers and Carmina’s Rain last. Do u think I can maybe go down half a size in their F last ? A 43.5 maybe ?
Actually, Vass F Last is true to size.... almost. I am UK 9.5 and on Vass F last 43.5 loafers, it is a very snug fit. Don't think you can size down.

Webbo

Reaction score

I would be very surprised if you could.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, Vass F Last is true to size.... almost. I am UK 9.5 and on Vass F last 43.5 loafers, it is a very snug fit. Don't think you can size down.
It’s so hard to say, I would guess not. But it’s probably worth a try if you don’t mind going through the hassle of shipping them back if they don’t work out.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
I did find when i walk there's a little bit of gaping at the sides. When i'm standing still it's fine. This happens more with the U last than F last. Personally i've found the F last to be the most comfortable for my feet but the U last to be the more visually appealing

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did find when i walk there's a little bit of gaping at the sides. When i'm standing still it's fine. This happens more with the U last than F last. Personally i've found the F last to be the most comfortable for my feet but the U last to be the more visually appealing
It’s the opposite for me, mine is when I’m standing still. I really can’t stand that.
B68D0275-0229-472A-98B9-CEC5EC4E9B6D.jpeg

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not an expert, but i feel like the insole around the arch is too narrow for your foot
Not really sure what you mean by the insole. But one thing I know is the gaping usually happens when someone has flat feet and that’s not the case with me.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sweet fabric, but think you're in the wrong thread...

willyto

Reaction score
I agree with the inconsistent sizing between lasts. I have a few 42 Vass shoes now and some fit snug, others with lots of wiggle room int he vamp and others are just too big.

The real problem is not being able to identify the last because it's not on the shoe. It could be stamped somewhere inside or on the sole under the size. Unless you're the first owner or have the box there's no way of knowing it or at least I haven't found it even looking at their website I'm not 100% sure of the lasts that my shoes are made on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads