• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve had them for I think 3 years now, absolutely love them. Sadly, I have not purchased another pair since.
5E51F63D-BC1D-487B-B8A7-E75407393CFB.jpeg

20DFF13C-6FD5-46D0-9FA3-F476A0FEA4DD.jpeg

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t even know Mehra even existed... and they’ve got an Old English Oxford in black calf in a 41 on sale... not sure what the last on it is.

I think I’ll go out next week and try it on. I wear a 41 in Common Projects, so maybe I’ll get lucky.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
News from Budapest! I asked them to replicate the second shoe, but the workshop left off the broguing around the eyes and the ankle. Reka isn't sure how it happened.

Should I accept Vass charm or ask for a remake based upon the agreed upon specs? I feel like it's bottom-heavy, but I would appreciate others' thoughts
If you like them, ask Reka to have them delivered. If you don't like them, ask her to have them re-made.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to my wife recently watching that contemptible Marie Kondo, we (I) are doing a closet clean out and certain things (predictably, mostly mine) must go. I would much prefer to sell these to someone on the forum, since I know they will be appreciated. If not, they'll go on ebay for a higher price. I give you the Valway, in Antic Cognac calf and dark brown suede, with Vass installed Topy on double to single sole and lasted trees. They have been worn no more than 10 times, and that number is likely high.

Size is 43.5 and I feel that they fit a bit narrow. This is likely due to them not really being worn enough to be broken in, but in the interest of full disclosure, I wanted to mention it. Price is $400 shipped in the lower 48 and that is firm. I welcome questions and hope they find a good home. Thanks!

pkincy

Reaction score
Absolulely beautiful boots. Alas neither my size nor my need in SoCal. But perfect for the coming winters up N.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are nice loafers. Finally some loafers in recent posts.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty nice.

How do the Old English shoes fit? Large, small, tts?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Night time photo...was not sure what to expect after a few email exchanges back and forth. These finally arrived. I asked for medium brown suede but these look like brown or dark brown instead. F last fits well still, a little gaping around the inner quarters but nothing that I would ever worry about. Almond toe shape in my eyes is ideal, it is not too pointed at all. My first MTO directly, will definitely know what to ask for next time. The brown suede instead may actually be a 'win' since it is different than what I already have in rotation. I believe this brown color is slightly more versatile. (If I could change one thing in hindsight is have gone with plain calf leather.) My goal with this MTO was to keep the vamp and toe simple like you'd see with slippers from B&L but with a thicker sole so it is not too dainty. Double sole was just something I was introduced to with my first pair of Vass purchase a few years ago and I like it.

unnamed.jpg

These were the specs I asked for FWIW:
  • model: Slipper – no strings, no tassel – as on the photo
  • size: 40.5
  • last: F
  • color&leather: Medium brown suede
  • sole: Double tapering to single (bevelled waist)

Their photos for comparison:

CIMG0823.JPG

CIMG0824.JPG

I have one more pair of shoes in mind to replace a pair of old brown cap-toe oxfords but will revisit that maybe next year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads