• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will be selling these on B&S eventually but thought I'd show them here first to lovers of Vass. Please PM me for more info/pics if you are interested. Thank you.
Gold Museum Calf DM's. Size 44. F Last- Standard width. Only tried on. Color darker/browner IRL. Comes with shoe trees etc.:
vass DM.jpg

Longwing Boots. Brown Scotch grain/calf combo. Size 43.5. P2 Last- Standard width. Only tried on. Comes with shoe trees and alternate laces etc.:
vass P2.jpg

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the F and U last share the same outsole dimensions in the same size?

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the F and U last share the same outsole dimensions in the same size?
Haven't owned a pair of U last for a while (never fit right), but seem to recall U being slightly longer than F.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some enlightening and disappointing news.

Price increase to come in the coming days and they won't make high boots from shell anymore, only ankle boots.

I am clarifying with them whether they can still make my balmoral boots considering I would only like the bottom of the boots made from shell. Oh and they're possibly out of shell for now.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I should have a couple of stock shoes in the same size, I'll check and let you know. I'm pretty sure the measurements will be different though.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Price increase to come in the coming days and they won't make high boots from shell anymore, only ankle boots.

I am clarifying with them whether they can still make my balmoral boots considering I would only like the bottom of the boots made from shell. Oh and they're possibly out of shell for now.
they didn't want to make tall boots from shell for a while now (several years)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What were the new prices? I remember the previous price point for mto shell shoes was reasonable relative to other brands (around 600 euros)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were the new prices? I remember the previous price point for mto shell shoes was reasonable relative to other brands (around 600 euros)
They haven't provided me with the new standard prices, but for my requested makeup (balmoral boot with shell upper and red brown suede shaft). They quoted me EUR 890 + EUR 40 for shipping. I know it's handwelted and fully customizable, but too high for me given what I want and it not even being a full shell boot. It's not clear to me if that is with or without VAT.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They haven't provided me with the new standard prices, but for my requested makeup (balmoral boot with shell upper and red brown suede shaft). They quoted me EUR 890 + EUR 40 for shipping. I know it's handwelted and fully customizable, but too high for me given what I want and it not even being a full shell boot. It's not clear to me if that is with or without VAT.
Seems fair-ish

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At that price point you can get full shell boot. Fully hand welted or good year welted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads