• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for replying. I am assuming DM means doublemonk.

Do you think a short trip to Budapest is warranted before the order?
I live in Singapore, so not likely to go there that often!

Yes I would definitely take the trip to Budapest if I were you. Nothing like trying the shoes on in person, and they provide excellent fitting service. Only problem is, they have such an amazing selection, you'll probably end up leaving the store with several pair in tow. Then again when I think about it, that's not a problem at all
1f914.png

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to mention Budapest is an amazing and beautiful place!

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Vass has access to hatch grain leather? I looked up their website and it lists the leather options and doesn't include the hatch grain leather, but wondering if they listed everything they have access to.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Vass has access to hatch grain leather? I looked up their website and it lists the leather options and doesn't include the hatch grain leather, but wondering if they listed everything they have access to.

I've never seen pictures of any.

However, Buday does.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never seen pictures of any.

However, Buday does.

Thanks , thinking of doing a valway boot with shell and hatch grain leather. Will shoot them an email as well ...
Would like to stick with vass as my first pair is soon coming in and I'd hopefully figure out my right size

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have good examples of bluchers by Vass?

Considering a makeup in black.

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score

Thanks , thinking of doing a valway boot with shell and hatch grain leather. Will shoot them an email as well ...
Would like to stick with vass as my first pair is soon coming in and I'd hopefully figure out my right size
I could be wrong but I believe they said they weren't comfortable working with it when other makers were having problems with the finish coming off.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reszo, informed back in March that they don't offer hatch. He said they prefer the scotch grain.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@stevent Those are cool, I was considering a little more sleeker last like the F. Also, in plain calf leather. I thought these were really nice but obviously not the same type of shoe. Still looks very sleek and simple despite the design.

danielyam

Reaction score

F last on the left, U last on the right. both on the same size.

Still undecided on which last to go for my upcoming pair of austerity in plum museum.
1f602.png

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I believe they said they weren't comfortable working with it when other makers were having problems with the finish coming off.
Thanks, didn't know that. Actually, I have never handled this leather but like the look from pics.

Reszo, informed back in March that they don't offer hatch. He said they prefer the scotch grain.
Thanks, oh well then I have a choice to make between suede and scotch grain!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans are probably a little too casual and beat up for these shoes but its almost summer and I almost don't give two Effs.

Love these chukkas. F last, gold museum calf.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads