• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antic Cognac shell today.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, thanks Zap. I was thinking of trying something like that.

Also, if you've got a good cobbler nearby they can help. The cobbler here that repairs my shoes for me is excellent. On the narrower lasts, he puts a stretcher in and adds the bunion pieces. They have always turned out perfectly; of course I do this because I don't trust myself to not screw up and make them too wide...lol

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share sizing advice for Vass Cordovan shoes? I wear a 43.5 F last in calf, but could go no larger at all due to the high instep. I am wondering if there is a similar volume increase on Vass Cordovan shoes like some other makers and if I should drop to 43 in F last for Cordovan. Thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the same size in vass calf and shell, I see no real difference. I will say that their suede does stretch a little more than the others but not enough to merit a downsize
I appreciate the feedback. My concern is that I couldnt wear f last in 43.5 with ANY additional volume in the shoe, so I was hoping to understand if Vass Cordovan generally had greater volume than calf like a lot of other makers.

SteveL91

Reaction score

@SteveL91
and I am a 10.5D in AE and mostly a 44EUR in Vass. Keep in mind that with handgrade shoes the sizing does tend to vary I find particularly on the width (depending on the tightness of the "pulling" on the last). Same thing with G&G where I have had in some cases different sizes on the same last. I am guessing a 43 should be right for you at least length wise!

Thanks for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it!

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Vass fans

I will be in Budapest next week and my hotel is not much more than 50m from the Vass shop. Oh dear!

Has anyone subscribing to this thread bought from the shop? I am wondering what sort of RTW lines they might have in their shop?

Thanks for any information you might have.

Mike

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Vass fans

I will be in Budapest next week and my hotel is not much more than 50m from the Vass shop. Oh dear!

Has anyone subscribing to this thread bought from the shop? I am wondering what sort of RTW lines they might have in their shop? 

Mike

Go to shop get sized if you don't know your size and then try on shoes then buy whatever you & if they don't have some thing get it mto & delivered to your home enjoy.

Jorge

Reaction score
You have good Vass, ;) ... and you have excellent taste in pavement.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what color calf is that with the two tone boot with burgundy suede?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Vass fans

Mike

Hey Mike, just FYI they have two shops on that same strip. If you are coming into the strip from the Danube, the first one you get to is the small one. A few hundred yards down is a much larger show room.

It can be a bit overwhelming, so many beautiful shoes. Take your time, in the large show room they will let you try on as many shoes as you like. I work with a great gentleman named Reszo; he sized me properly, and gets my MTO shoes sent back to me here in VA. Have fun, Budapest is amazing!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads