• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, been lurking this thread for months. Was wondering how width goes with Vass; do they make different widths (narrow, normal, wide etc.) of different lasts or does one choose the last based on how wide their foot is (one width fits all)?

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, been lurking this thread for months. Was wondering how width goes with Vass; do they make different widths (narrow, normal, wide etc.) of different lasts or does one choose the last based on how wide their foot is (one width fits all)?

I believe they offer wider fittings in some lasts/sizes, as well as some of the lasts being more generous in fit than others. Might be best to email Rezso for specific information, as he knows the lasts best/has them on hand.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks will be sure to do!
Also can someone please post the 3636 last in a side view like this:

Trying to get a feel for the way it looks as I'm thinking of getting a casual gunboatesque shoes.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. Standard width is F, but you can order any last in width E or G, and in some also H. No surcharge.

mbeebe

Reaction score
Thought I'd post these new shoes, and say thanks to Tom Brone. These are on the P2 last and are supremely comfortable. Thanks again Tom.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thought I'd post these new shoes, and say thanks to Tom Brone.    These are on the P2 last and are supremely comfortable.    Thanks again Tom.

These look absolutely wonderful. What leather and color did you choose? I like the light edge trim on these and the darkening if the color around the broguing. And of course the u-cap. Enjoy wearing.

mbeebe

Reaction score
These look absolutely wonderful. What leather and color did you choose? I like the light edge trim on these and the darkening if the color around the broguing. And of course the u-cap. Enjoy wearing.

Thanks a lot. I ordered these back in February and, thinking that cordovan/shell supply isn't always guaranteed, am pretty sure I asked for any medium-brown shell, such as cognac or similar. This sort of looks like 'saddle' to me, but it definitely looks good either way and I'm pretty psyched how they came out.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to their website, It claims they have "antique cognac, dark brown, black, and Bordeaux horsehide". My assumption was that these were the shell colors they normally have.

mbeebe

Reaction score
I like that approach: any medium brown shell. Will have to try that out.

Well now that I have seen these up close, I'd probably ask for this particular color if I could go back and do it again. But that probably just speaks to how nice Vass shoes are. They make the color look good!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads