• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Antique is the way to go, no question about it

I agree, antique cognac is a beautiful color, one of my first Vass was 6125 dark cognac and I was very disappointed, it's just another red, I much prefer burgundy (bordeaux) if I wanted a red shoe.

bigasahouse

Reaction score

It seems all of us know that Vass is one of the trickiest brands in terms of sizing. I was wondering would it help forum members to determine their sizes if someone took the measurements of the lasts (U,F,K ,P2 etc.)  in the sizes offered by Vass  based on the following:

1) Width
2) Length
3) Toes
4) Instep
5) Arch; and
6) Through the heel

This is illustrated in this picture (though measurements will betaken on a last rather then on an actual foot as illustrated below).

I have a friend in Budapest whose studio is just 10 minutes away from the Vass shop and he is willing to help me out on this. Was just wondering whether this would be helpful in helping to determine the sizing for Vass or will it be a waste of time. 

I think that would be super helpful. Thanks!

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

You will most definitely get charged by FedEx, I have yet to receive anything and not be charged and I think it is 8 percent for shoes. You may want to use a proxy then, might be worth it.

In my experience, it is much cheaper to go direct. Even after shipping and custome duties, you will still save over US $250 a pair. I used both, direct cam to around US $750 inclusive of everything (shipping and 8% customs duties). Ordering through a rpoxy, you are looking at $1,050 to $1,200 /pair in calf. Exotics is another story.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Through forum proxy kolecho it is $650 shipped worldwide for calf. He lowered the price to take into account currency differences.

Last edited:

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If ordering Direct there is the option to exchange but not proxy

Poshak Man

Reaction score
I don't think kolecho's prices ever were in the $1050 to $1200 range for the calf shoes. They were more in the $700 to $ 750 range previously.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score

It seems all of us know that Vass is one of the trickiest brands in terms of sizing. I was wondering would it help forum members to determine their sizes if someone took the measurements of the lasts (U,F,K ,P2 etc.)  in the sizes offered by Vass  based on the following:

1) Width
2) Length
3) Toes
4) Instep
5) Arch; and
6) Through the heel

I have a friend in Budapest whose studio is just 10 minutes away from the Vass shop and he is willing to help me out on this. Was just wondering whether this would be helpful in helping to determine the sizing for Vass or will it be a waste of time. 

This would be extremely helpful but it would be a lot of work to measure all of the sizes and lasts.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terror, it would be great if you could take some measurements. I fully support the idea.

Naka

Reaction score

1) Width
2) Length
3) Toes
4) Instep
5) Arch; and
6) Through the heel

This is illustrated in this picture (though measurements will betaken on a last rather then on an actual foot as illustrated below).

Terror, you are one of my favourite new posters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads