• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

willyto

Reaction score
Vass delivered!
Peter last?

That style is my favorite from Vass. I have one pair in grain leather.

By the way, one of my pair of Vass derbies finally after 4 years of abuse need a resole(And the only reason is that the toe has finally reached a point where needs replacement. The double leather sole is such a great thing to have.

I personally don't like Toe Taps because they affect the way I walk and make the toe slippery which for me results in walking weird.

fendermustang

Reaction score
Does anyone active here have a pair of norwegers on the BP last?
Would be great to see a few photographs.
Also curious to see if anyone here has had pairs made with the 360 welt.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
These bad boys are arriving tomorrow:
IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4056.JPG

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

me have its twin brother on today,
the P2 in gold museum calf polished in lots of red.
Great shoe.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
^^^

me have its twin brother on today,
the P2 in gold museum calf polished in lots of red.
Great shoe.
These are walnut museum, but their studio lights make them seem much brighter. In real life they look more like below:
tempImageNiJEBD.png

tempImageqC8ofT.png

Loving the half double soles, by the way. That front sole is actually thicker than Carmina's triple sole.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have the same model in walnut museum too. Terrific leather colour.

konstantis

Reaction score
Vass delivered!
Hi to all the members. This is my second MTO order Vass Norweger. The first one was in antique cognac scotch grain leather. The measurements were sent by me and the fit in the antique cognac scotch grain perfect. The suede even though the measurements are the same fit slightly bigger from the first time. Vass said to me that this happens because suede leather is more soft and more comfortable than the scotch grain leather. Does this make sense ? Thanks.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - sounds like a mix of suede being slightly more pliant, and #vasscharm

JamesN

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Size Question for the F Last.

I usually wear Crocket&Jones EU 42.5, and my feet are 26.5cm long. (Inline with C&J's size chart https://eu.crockettandjones.com/pages/size-guide-men)

When I reached out to Vass for size advice, they recommended:
41EU for P2, F, U, K, lasts
40.5EU for R, BP, P lasts

I am skeptical about going down 1.5 size compared to my usual size. Are Vass shoes running long, or what do you recommend?

Many Thanks!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you say C&J 42.5, what stated (UK) size is that on the shoes themselves?

jasper85

Reaction score
I wear c&j UK 8.5 and size 42,5 in Vass F and P2. If anything, I've sometimes considered going up to 43 on the F last, but trying those on in the shop in Budapest made me stick to 42,5.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.5 UK in C&J here and a solid 45 in Vass P2, R etc. A little larger in U. Feels like there’s been something lost in translation in the sizing advice you’ve received.

zr3rs

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Size Question for the F Last.

I usually wear Crocket&Jones EU 42.5, and my feet are 26.5cm long. (Inline with C&J's size chart https://eu.crockettandjones.com/pages/size-guide-men)

When I reached out to Vass for size advice, they recommended:
41EU for P2, F, U, K, lasts
40.5EU for R, BP, P lasts

I am skeptical about going down 1.5 size compared to my usual size. Are Vass shoes running long, or what do you recommend?

Many Thanks!
I am wearing 8 in C&J, but cannot wear the narrow lasts like 348 (wide forefoot, but heel too loose in 8.5). I am wearing Vass F in 42 and feel that the fit +/- sample variation is comparable to the 363 last in 8 UK. Vass U in 42 s too narrow in the front for me.

So I would suggest going no smaller than 42 for Vass F, maybe 41,5 for BP..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics