• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I measured myself. But the difference between me and you is that I don't return every single pair of shoes I buy and have a rtw Vass that I worn over the years.
Although with the Vass charm, it's hard to be sure about sizing. The trick I use is to see if the shoe is made by the same person since it's written in marker on the inside. So far, all my Vass made by Attila fit great 😃

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although with the Vass charm, it's hard to be sure about sizing. The trick I use is to see if the shoe is made by the same person since it's written in marker on the inside. So far, all my Vass made by Attila fit great 😃
My older split toe pair was made by Attila as well!

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
I bought two pairs together, one in the K last and the other in U, both in size 41, and the U is definitely shorter.

I don’t have enough experience with the brand to chalk it up to sample variation or the lasts themselves.

Both fit my feet well though and I happily wore them this week over full work days.

ElAleman

Reaction score
Most of mine on different lasts, namely F and P2, fit a little bit different although fairly consistent and are made by the hands of the hun. For my feet, it seems like I could use a 43.5 in P2 shoes whereas a 44 in F is great but quite snug. Surprising, I usually am a consistent 44 in every last and brand. As I see it, P2 is a very generous last in terms of room above the toes and on the outside of the foot.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my vass are the same size in F last. Have no clue how the other last fit but I like the F last the most

Last edited:

ElAleman

Reaction score
Wearing this wonderfully comfortable and soft pair of Vass today. Vass deserves credit alone already for using soft calfskin lining which goes all the way up to the toes as well as a thick leather insole. It’s a shame other makers are cutting costs on such things.

B00FAC86-B656-42C5-948A-16905DFCD0AE.jpeg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing this wonderfully comfortable and soft pair of Vass today. Vass deserves credit alone already for using soft calfskin lining which goes all the way up to the toes as well as a thick leather insole. It’s a shame other makers are cutting costs on such things.

View attachment 1807843
Have the same pair as well. Everytime I see a pair of Edward Green Chelseas on the 82 last in Dark Oak for sale and have the urge to acquire a pair, I go and take a look at this specific shoe of mine from Vass and totally forget about the EGs. The F last and walnut museum is superior in every aspect imo.

ElAleman

Reaction score
Have the same pair as well. Everytime I see a pair of Edward Green Chelseas on the 82 last in Dark Oak for sale and have the urge to acquire a pair, I go and take a look at this specific shoe of mine from Vass and totally forget about the EGs. The F last and walnut museum is superior in every aspect imo.
I feel the same. Have an Edward Green Oxford on the 808 last which looks classically sleek but on most days, I prefer the round perfection of something as the F-last. But subjectively, they are both very close in my book. Walking in the Vass feels more solid, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads